I'm not knocking streamers but you're crazy if you don't think you're hurting the sport and the figh

giphy.gif

I refuse to give the UFC money because of the mechanisms used to create an unfair monopoly on MMA glory. They're diametrically opposed to my personal philosophies and a perfect microcosm of what is wrong with modern society.

Oh another " streaming takes money away from fighters" . Haha hit me up when the UFC pays more then 20% of revenue to fighters and allows sponsors . Trying to guilt regular working class people into waisting money on an outdated PPV model while the UFC shafts fighters . Haha fucking chump
<JRSmith40>
tenor (9).gif

The MMA economy is a big one and extends far beyond just PPV buys. The advertising and simple clicks are a huge part (dat Helwani money), and if people are not streaming the events and keeping up with the sport, then they are clicking on the media and being exposed to the advertising. A person streaming events is a greater asset to the MMA economy than one that could care less about MMA, and internet streams are a huge reason that MMA grew so much. Without the internet and everyone in the world having access to watch MMA for free, Uncle Dana is still a bell hop boxercise instructor.

I'M NoT KnOkInG StReAmErS bUt....
I support my favorite fighters by buying their merch, from T-shirts to DVDs, and Dana will never get a single cent from me again. Fuck off shill, go back to your pink master!

I like it when they go "Oh I would pay if they put out better cards" or other nonsensical excuses.

Sure you would shertard, sure you would.

Back in the days when the cards were stacked, I used to buy almost every PPV. I would even travel with friends/family to go watch good events.
I've bought so many UFC PPVs between 2005 and, mmmhhh 2012/2013 maybe?

But with the crap Dana is peddling nowadays? Watered down cards, full of underpaid fighters who can't have sponsors? He can suck my dick.

Last edited:
What you probably don't take into consideration is that the people who stream are not forced to "pay" if streaming comes to an end.......I think streamers have no intention of buying a 70-100 event. They watch because its free. If they're forced to pay, they'll simply wait till the next day to see the results. In that case the UFC loses because they have commercials on PPV and product placement and a smaller audience is not good for business. If streaming ended the PPV sales "might" go up a bit so sure, it could make a difference but I think the vast majority of illegal streamers will simply find a cheap way to watch or not watch at all. I often watch in a bar and pay a minimal cover charge and get food and booze for my money. Better than 70 bucks and paying for beer on top of that. I have also got together with friends and 10 of us throw a few bucks each to pay for cards. The point I'm making is from an accountants point of view, 1 million free streamers absolutely does not convert to 1 million PPV buys.

How does that make sense? The streamers are not paying for it, and does not count towards views, so how does NOT streamers equate to lower views from ads? If no streams some people WOULD buy the PPV, though of course not all of them, but some, which would mean more views. IN fact I'd say ebing able to get free streams means less people buy the PPV (which is obvious I would say) so therefore less views for the advertisers.

I mean, I am def not here to preach, as I have not paid for a PPV in quite some time, but it is BS with this oh more eyes mean more blah blah blah by watching streams. we've already seen what has happenned in the music industry

Whenever a thread about streaming pops up, the responses I see are almost predictable. Stuff like:

"Who cares, Dana takes all the money Anway."

There's a reason why this a predictable answer - it's the truth. If I made a thread asking if grass grows, I'll get a predictable answer too.

There's no justification for streaming and anyone who tries to justify that or piracy is a moron, but to say it's hurting the sport? By what metric? The Fertitas sold the UFC for 4 billion dollars after buying it for 2 million back when internet piracy was largely relegated to music. Dana White has a net worth listed at 500 million. In 2019 the UFC had record breaking profits, grossing over 900 million, and Dana has repeatedly claimed the UFC "killed it" in 2020.

So yes, internet piracy undoubtedly takes a bite out of PPV revenue - anyone who would argue otherwise is a dip shit. But until the UFC starts sharing those record profits fairly with their fighters, I don't want to hear people whining about illegal streaming.

Dana keeps raising the price but not pay also espn blah blah

If I wasn't streaming I wouldn't be watching MMA at all. The cards are too expensive and they air at stupid times. I'm on Eastern Time and I'd have to go to bed at 1am to watch the big fights. II've got shit to do, I'm not fucking up my sleep schedule for a potential 5-round snoozer in the middle of the night.

OP is spot on.

"If they paid the fighters more maybe I would consider buying."

"You can't stop streams, welcome to the internet."

"UFC should be free anyway, just put it on network TV and collect ad dollars."

"PPV is dead. UFC should find a new model."

These are clearly excuses Sherdoggers use to justify their poor behavior. Almost every other post in this thread is more excuses to justify why it is OK to steal. This mindset is rampant and explains many of the problems in society. Hard to imagine we have come to a time when folks will not accept that stealing is wrong.

Last edited:
There's a reason why this a predictable answer - it's the truth. If I made a thread asking if grass grows, I'll get a predictable answer too.

There's no justification for streaming and anyone who tries to justify that or piracy is a moron, but to say it's hurting the sport? By what metric? The Fertitas sold the UFC for 4 billion dollars after buying it for 2 million back when internet piracy was largely relegated to music. Dana White has a net worth listed at 500 million. In 2019 the UFC had record breaking profits, grossing over 900 million, and Dana has repeatedly claimed the UFC "killed it" in 2020.

So yes, internet piracy undoubtedly takes a bite out of PPV revenue - anyone who would argue otherwise is a dip shit. But until the UFC starts sharing those record profits fairly with their fighters, I don't want to hear people whining about illegal streaming.

Someone here approves of scams and calls intellects that see thru the bs and get it for free as morons... lmao sorry doc that's now how it is... maybe in your prime days in 1970s but not now.

Reactions: D'z
I came to point and laugh at the shills.o_O

EDIT- There's simply too many, and so far it's only 2 pages.

If I couldn't stream the ppvs then I would miss 90% of them. How many other people you think are like that? Streams help the UFC far more than they hurt it.

What you probably don't take into consideration is that the people who stream are not forced to "pay" if streaming comes to an end.......I think streamers have no intention of buying a 70-100 event. They watch because its free. If they're forced to pay, they'll simply wait till the next day to see the results. In that case the UFC loses because they have commercials on PPV and product placement and a smaller audience is not good for business. If streaming ended the PPV sales "might" go up a bit so sure, it could make a difference but I think the vast majority of illegal streamers will simply find a cheap way to watch or not watch at all. I often watch in a bar and pay a minimal cover charge and get food and booze for my money. Better than 70 bucks and paying for beer on top of that. I have also got together with friends and 10 of us throw a few bucks each to pay for cards. The point I'm making is from an accountants point of view, 1 million free streamers absolutely does not convert to 1 million PPV buys.

This exactly. If UFC were to stop streams then they would lose fans, not gain them. I know several people who still don't have ESPN+ and consider themselves sports fans.

As others have mentioned, the biggest problem I see is asking for fans to pay for multiple content packages and then asking them to pay $75 for a PPV, especially when other countries get it for free or nearly free. They really need to figure out a $25 a month package that includes all content.

And yes, Dana does take all the money. I bet he makes more per year than all UFC fighters combined.

Add in the ridiculous sponsorship crap the UFC pulls that completely screws the fighters and it's hard to feel bad for the UFC.

Streaming has always been a controversial issue amongst MMA fans. I remember there was a time when most people on MMA forums seemed to be against it. And when you look at the PPV numbers from the first few years after TUF 1, it was clear that MMA fans were enthusiastic buyers of PPV cards.

But obviously things have changed. Whenever a thread about streaming pops up, the responses I see are almost predictable. Stuff like:

"If they paid the fighters more maybe I would consider buying."

"You can't stop streams, welcome to the internet."

"UFC should be free anyway, just put it on network TV and collect ad dollars."

"PPV is dead. UFC should find a new model."

And so on.

But the truth is that all of it is a cop out. As much as I despise Dana he is right on the streaming issue.

Streaming takes money away from the fighters. As much as we don't like to admit it, fighters make more money when there is a large upward shift in revenue. Fighters got paid pennies before TUF 1. But after PPV buys when up dramatically fighters started making millions of dollars. If all the people who streamed the event bought it Instead, there's no doubt in my mind that fighter pay would nearly double. So yes, you ARE absolutely robbing the fighters.

And it's not just purses that take a hit. If the UFC had double the revenue, they could put it towards benefits for fighters, like post-career healthcare, pensions, and larger bonuses.

Oh, and what about the watered down cards? Have you noticed that the cards got watered down when PPV buys started slipping? Well of course! The UFC got smart. They didn't see any need to stack a card when millions of people would just steal it anyway. So if you are a part of the streaming community then you should be the last person complaining about watered down cards. YOU ARE THE REASON why we only usually get two anticipated fights on a PPV card nowadays.

If you are a fan of this sport, and want to see better cards, and want fighters to be taken care of then BUY THE FUCKIN CARDS. I buy the cards because I'm a fan of this sport and I want to continue to see it grow. 30 years from now I want to be an old man who can still sit down and watch a good UFC card. And the way I can assure that happens is buy voting with my money for UFC/MMA to stay in business. And if you love this sport and the fighters then you should too.

Godspeed me friends!
Thanks dad

Back