News I'm not getting hit by Chinese rocket debris!

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might have heard or seen that some parts of a Chinese rocket are making an uncontrolled re-entry in the next few days. They won't be able to tell where it will land until the last minutes.

The European Space Agency has predicted a "risk zone" that encompasses "any portion of Earth's surface between about 41.5N and 41.5S latitude" -- which includes virtually all of the Americas south of New York, all of Africa and Australia, parts of Asia south of Japan and Europe's Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/08/politics/chinese-rocket-earth-reentry/index.html

Luckily I live at 45 degrees North latitude so it won't be hitting me. Canadians are safe too. Maybe it will hit somewhere in Florida.
giphy.gif

Maybe Mar-a-lago?

Do i have to give it back if i catch it?

If that shit hits me I'm getting a one way plane ticket to China and punching every person I see in the nose until my hands disintegrate

Ah yes covid-21 here for dispersal the plNs all coming together. Bless the the People's Republic

It looks like it will land in the Atlantic ocean.

If that shit hits me I'm getting a one way plane ticket to China and punching every person I see in the nose until my hands disintegrate

Careful, those chinamen can grow up to 5 feet tall.

Seems like the site I posted is showing where it currently is not the predicted landing but they show it's predicted time to re-entry.

One site shows 13 minutes to re-ntry and another shows over 2 hours.

Now they both show over 2 hours as the first site added 2 hours.

How are we so bad at calculating this when its so close to us.

They don't know how much drag it's experiencing which can be a function of the atmosphere and the way the piece is moving.

And they laughed when I paid for rocket debris insurance

Back