Im not excited at all about 169

Glover is a legitimate LHW. Its not his fault he probably can't beat a guy who can tie his shoes without bending over.

Mir vs Overeem however.. just makes me smile to think about. It's giong to be the most pathetic 52 second fight you ever seen. I'm being generous with the time prediction.

I think people are already sour mainly because of the combination of how great Gus looked against Jones and how shitty Glover looked against Bader

lol then people are morons. How do you finish a guy early in round one and lose hype. Are people really that fickle?

Yeah, it is a lackluster card. Would've preferred to have seen Jones/Gustafsson II over Jones/Teixeira, and Overeem/Mir is a pretty weak co main event. I'm certainly skipping this event.

lol then people are morons. How do you finish a guy early in round one and lose hype. Are people really that fickle?

Rhetorical question I'm assuming. There are many people here who get off on bitching and moaning about literally everything.

In all honesty I probably would have preferred Jones/Gus 2 but Glover is as legit as they come and very deserving of his number 1 contender status.

Mir vs. Overeem was never announced as the co-main, it's just a fight announced to the card. I'm sure they will put some good fights on the card and put on a decent co-main for the Superbowl weekend.

Agree 100% about glover, unfortunately pointing out he has 1 top 10 win draws the ire of sherdog users.

Weidman had 1 perhaps 2 top 10 wins if you count a guy who's not in the division anymore. And we all know what happened.

Weidman had 1 perhaps 2 top 10 wins if you count a guy who's not in the division anymore. And we all know what happened.

Not to mention the fact that the "1 top ten win derp" argument is a lie. Rampage was #3 when he fought #8 Ryan Bader. How did that loss remove him from the top ten?

Damn, this forum used to have a raging hardon for Alistair. Now he's not even worthy of a main card spot.

Rhetorical question I'm assuming. There are many people here who get off on bitching and moaning about literally everything.

In all honesty I probably would have preferred Jones/Gus 2 but Glover is as legit as they come and very deserving of his number 1 contender status.

Not really he cut Davis in line who won a title eliminator in addition to Gus. It's so sad how people can't see what a good and a bad stylistic matchup for Jones is after seeing him fight fighters with different dimensions and skill sets.

So losing to top ten guys means you should be kicked out of the UFC when there are plenty of guys on the roster with no top ten opponents let alone wins?

Give me a break.

***Tapping out due to strikes from a 5-foot undersized-journeyman who was a 12 to 1 underdog....GSP=1, FEDOR=0....

LOL at FradoFraggass.....

Both good fights.....the LHW title fight is great and I personally like Overem vs Mir, great fight.

TS doesnt know what he is talking about

Well, who wants to be first guy to blast TS?

lol, pictured a handgun sitting on the table waiting for someone to pick it up and start pistol whipping the TS into shape.

Point is.....
Belfort almost submitted him
Sonnen almost won via injury
Gus almost beat Jones via UD

Looks like Glover will be the one to almost beat him via TKO

Whole lotta almost. With the nuthuggery you display towards JDS, you sure aren't very forgiving to Jones when you know damn well the first two on that list were nowhere near close.

Damn, this forum used to have a raging hardon for Alistair. Now he's not even worthy of a main card spot.

I blame Travis "the Name Stealer" Browne.

***Tapping out due to strikes from a 5-foot undersized-journeyman who was a 12 to 1 underdog....GSP=1, FEDOR=0....

LOL at FradoFraggass.....

Jesus man, if you're going to have a Fedor username, sig and AV at least have the decency to pretend you aren't rabidly biased.

Jones almost lost his title 3 fights in a row. Glover has power and is a wizard on the ground. A lot of people gave Gus no chance and looked what happened.

all true and I agree with you, but the chael-toe thing doesn't really count here.

I'm still holding out for Cruz/Barao as the co-main event. Nowhere I read confirmed it was the co-main for sure.

Who else should Jones fight?

People bitch about this but offer no alternative.

There's a word for these people.

Fuck top 10 wins, they are over valued in discussions for title shots. One is enough in my opinion if the guy looks like he presents a legitimate challenge ability wise and stylisticly. Why arbitrarily throw more top 10 guys at a contender if the timing is right? To "prove" he deserves a shot dependant on some meaningless rankings? Fuck that.

Back