Im not excited at all about 169

This sh*t about cutting a guy after two or three losses is the definition of ignorance. Especially in MMA.

A guy by the name of Mark Coleman won the legendary 2000 Pride Grand Prix title after losing 4 in a row. So....

His name and his past accomplishments were the reason he didn't get cut.

Dana said the same thing about Griffin and Bonnar after their 1st fight. "Those 2 guys will never be cut"

IIRC Wasn't Jones talking about the toe injury during the post fight press conference saying he was good enough to go and Dana stopped him mid sentence and said "Jon, there's no Fucking way you were starting that 2nd round"?

He did and I think he was wrong too.

Unless the doctors saw it, it wouldn't have been stopped. We can agree on that much, right?

Goddamn, it's about 4 months away man. Give it a chance.

I think people are already sour mainly because of the combination of how great Gus looked against Jones and how shitty Glover looked against Bader

It's not about glover chances to ko jones, both gus and davis earned their TS, glover havent face any top 10 yet, he doesnt deserve the TS, never mind if he can land 1 lucky punch which I dont think is possible, we are talking about a guy that guy over 10inches advantage

I also disagree about the mir vs reem fight, they are 2 exciting fighters, but yes, if they were kicked out of the ufc nobody could complain

Glover did just as much to earn his shot as Gus and Davis.

Glover hasn't been beaten since 2005. He's currently 5-0 in the UFC he definitely deserves this title shot. If Glover is capable of catching Bones in the early rounds we might have a new LHW champ. If the fight goes into the championship rounds Bones will probably win via submission or UD.

I think people are already sour mainly because of the combination of how great Gus looked against Jones and how shitty Glover looked against Bader

That's understandable.

Still, the interest will probably rise quite a bit as the card draws nearer; Glover is legit. and although they get KO'd all the time, Overeem and Mir are still good draws.

Who would u like to fight Jones? I don't wanna hear some dumb "Gus rematch, move to hw, or rematch someone who he's worked?"

How many top 10 wins does Gus have?

Two? maybe, Shogun was ranked I'm fairly certain and Thiago Silva might have been. I didn't think Gus was a very good option either to be fair, I don't get how you go from pulling out of a title eliminator (Mous vs Gus was one of those rite? whether unofficial or not.) to getting the title shot.

mir vs reem should be good

but i am not expecting much from jones vs tex

There's nobody in the division anywhere near deserving the shot aside from the guy who just lost the title fight, so why not Glover? Better than the two fucking Middleweights he fought right in a row.

Sure. Jones will rightfully be a big favorite...what else is fucking new? Glover deserves the shot more than anyone else right now, that's what matters.

Gus will get another chance...immediate rematches are stupid though. I'm glad they're not doing it this time.

Jones almost lost his title 3 fights in a row. Glover has power and is a wizard on the ground. A lot of people gave Gus no chance and looked what happened.

I think you're quite misleading by saying Jones almost lost his last 3 fights. He submitted Vitor after getting out of a sub (you know, not every sub attempt results in a sub) and he tooled Sonnen ("almost" losing due to a freak injury doesn't really prove anything). Gus gave him a great fight that was very close.

I'm looking forward to the event. Mir and Overeem are often involved in violent fights and tend to get knocked out, so now it's just a matter of guessing who will get the KO, or if we actually get to see a double KO.

Watching Jones fight is almost always very exciting. It's also very likely that he will TKO Glover, so the probability of this fight being a boring UD is only if he takes the GSP approach and fights safe and boring.

This sh*t about cutting a guy after two or three losses is the definition of ignorance. Especially in MMA.

A guy by the name of Mark Coleman won the legendary 2000 Pride Grand Prix title after losing 4 in a row. So....

Its not about the fucking number its how he has looked and how he has lost his fights... Mir has been getting fucking tooled out there to the point were he is like cro cop now just getting knocked out while throwing almost no strikes... Just pumping air jabs trying to throw and not throwing shit..

At least when Reem gets Ko'ed he usually puts a beating on the other guy(last 2 fights, unlucky maybe?) so i could understand giving him a chance but mir to me is a washed up fighter 2 years past his time...

You're right TS! UFC 169 isn't that great in my opion. Which is fine with me, I'll save some money on the cable bill.

I agree about the co main but I like the main event, its always good for me to see the champ take on New faces. The Gus rematch will happen, It's inevitable.

As someone who plans to attend I'm bummed Jones is fighting Glover rather than Gus or Davis but hey it's still Jones. Jones should destroy Glover and the Mir Overeem fight should simply be two guys trying to prolong their careers one more fight. However the rest of the card hasn't been announced for all we know there's something else interesting on this card.

TS PM me the details of the rest of the card?

Since I assume u are not dumb enough to judge a card that will end up having 12 or 13 fights, after only 3 fights have been announced.

u must know something about this card that we all havent heard.

Back