Im not excited at all about 169

So you legitimately believe it has to be taken into account when we're discussing Glover's chances?

Point is.....
Belfort almost submitted him
Sonnen almost won via injury
Gus almost beat Jones via UD

Looks like Glover will be the one to almost beat him via TKO

You're counting the broken toe vs Sonnen? Gimme a break, he demolished him and that was a freak accident.

He did demolish him but the fight would have been stopped between the 1st and 2nd round if Jones didn't finish Sonnen so in a way he is right

a) Nobody gave Gus a chance, all that hype about height/reach was official UFC promotion. The betting odds were like -800/+600.
b) Not being able to KO Fabio Maldonado =/= not having power. He nearly beat Fabio into a living death.

Glover is not Gustafsson. I picked Gus to win for a multitude of different factors.

I know Glover is being thrown in their for damage control instead of doing the rematch

Glover is not Gustafsson. I picked Gus to win for a multitude of different factors.

I know Glover is being thrown in their for damage control instead of doing the rematch

What damage control? Jones beat Gustafsson and showed a lot of heart in the process. I agree he will handily beat Glover by the way.

Honestly? Jones vs Teixeira? Mir vs Overeem? How many more fights can those 2 lose until they are cut... they shoulda been gone already..... Personally either they go to a boring UD or one of the gets KO'ed n the first round but who honestly cares? they are nobodies in the HW division.

I still dont feel Teixeira earned his title shot, i feel like he got a hand picked road to the belt beating bums.... What are his last 5 wins? Bader? ROFL, Te huna? old and scared to throw anything rampage? Fabio who he almost got KO'ed by in the last round? Or the amazing fighter kimgsbury? Come on guys.... Jones is gona eat him alive.... Hes no were near a threat like Gus was...

I hope this card gets some more high quality names cuz its pretty shameful that this is the Superbowl card...:redface:

Somebody is a negative nancy.

Poor co main event since it's a day before Super Bowl. Overeem isn't a big sell, especially since he got KTFO twice in his past 2 fights.

166-168 still hasn't happened and I'm sure all of Sherdog is more excited for what's about to happen soon instead of 4 months from now.

I don't think we now for sure Mir/Reem will co-main event. Considering it's the SB card, I'm thinking they might add Barao/Cruz.

Honestly? Jones vs Teixeira? Mir vs Overeem? How many more fights can those 2 lose until they are cut... they shoulda been gone already..... Personally either they go to a boring UD or one of the gets KO'ed n the first round but who honestly cares? they are nobodies in the HW division.

I still dont feel Teixeira earned his title shot, i feel like he got a hand picked road to the belt beating bums.... What are his last 5 wins? Bader? ROFL, Te huna? old and scared to throw anything rampage? Fabio who he almost got KO'ed by in the last round? Or the amazing fighter kimgsbury? Come on guys.... Jones is gona eat him alive.... Hes no were near a threat like Gus was...

I hope this card gets some more high quality names cuz its pretty shameful that this is the Superbowl card...:redface:

UFC-Fan-Burnout ???

Well, maybe something will be added to change your mind. Otherwise, vote with your PPV dollars and save your cash. No need to whine about it on the internet.

A former UFC champ is a nobody, same with Overeem.... Riiiiighhhhtt.. Plus glover is on a 20 fight win streak, and can KO jones. It probably won't happen but it definately could. I also think you should stop making threads. Your talking shit about a card in February. That gives them so much time to fill out the card. People who are fighting later this year will be on that card.

I don't think we now for sure Mir/Reem will co-main event. Considering it's the SB card, I'm thinking they might add Barao/Cruz.

I was hoping for that as well but according to a few threads the Mir/Reem fight is co main event. Maybe if Cruz is ready they will switch it.

I believe Cruz is going to get stripped.

He did demolish him but the fight would have been stopped between the 1st and 2nd round if Jones didn't finish Sonnen so in a way he is right

You can't say that. It only would have been stopped if the doctor's saw it. The doctor's checked him after the fight and didn't see it - Rogan was the first person to notice it. Seems less likely that they'd notice the toe during a two-second talk with Jones while his trainers were talking to him/preparing for the second round if they didn't notice it after the fight when there wasn't a time crunch. Plus, he would have had his trainers kneeling in front of him near his feet blocking their view.

I was hoping for that as well but according to a few threads the Mir/Reem fight is co main event. Maybe if Cruz is ready they will switch it.

I believe Cruz is going to get stripped.

Oh. I haven't read anything the last two weeks - the last I read was that Cruz was targeting early 2014 for his return and that if he could make they'd do the unification fight. But if there's been anything since then, I don't know.

Dont watch it. I wont be paying for it. Tex doesn't interest me as a challenger. Doesn't mean he can't land a punch and win it. But I'm just not interested in it.

This sh*t about cutting a guy after two or three losses is the definition of ignorance. Especially in MMA.

A guy by the name of Mark Coleman won the legendary 2000 Pride Grand Prix title after losing 4 in a row. So....

You can't say that. It only would have been stopped if the doctor's saw it. The doctor's checked him after the fight and didn't see it - Rogan was the first person to notice it. Seems less likely that they'd notice the toe during a two-second talk with Jones while his trainers were talking to him/preparing for the second round if they didn't notice it after the fight when there wasn't a time crunch. Plus, he would have had his trainers kneeling in front of him near his feet blocking their view.

IIRC Wasn't Jones talking about the toe injury during the post fight press conference saying he was good enough to go and Dana stopped him mid sentence and said "Jon, there's no Fucking way you were starting that 2nd round"?

Jones almost lost his title 3 fights in a row. Glover has power and is a wizard on the ground. A lot of people gave Gus no chance and looked what happened.

It's not about glover chances to ko jones, both gus and davis earned their TS, glover havent face any top 10 yet, he doesnt deserve the TS, never mind if he can land 1 lucky punch which I dont think is possible, we are talking about a guy that guy over 10inches advantage

I also disagree about the mir vs reem fight, they are 2 exciting fighters, but yes, if they were kicked out of the ufc nobody could complain

Back