Im not excited at all about 169

TomTomNT

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Honestly? Jones vs Teixeira? Mir vs Overeem? How many more fights can those 2 lose until they are cut... they shoulda been gone already..... Personally either they go to a boring UD or one of the gets KO'ed n the first round but who honestly cares? they are nobodies in the HW division.

I still dont feel Teixeira earned his title shot, i feel like he got a hand picked road to the belt.... What are his last 5 wins? Bader? ROFL, Te huna? old and scared to throw anything rampage? Fabio who he almost got KO'ed by in the last round? Or the amazing fighter kimgsbury? Come on guys.... Jones is gona eat him alive.... Hes no were near a threat like Gus was...

I hope this card gets some more high quality names cuz its pretty shameful that this is the Superbowl card...:redface:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly? Jones vs Teixeira? Mir vs Overeem? How many more fights can those 2 lose until they are cut... they shoulda been gone already..... Personally either they go to a boring UD or one of the gets KO'ed n the first round but who honestly cares? they are nobodies in the HW division.

I still dont feel Teixeira earned his title shot, i feel like he got a hand picked road to the belt beating bums.... What are his last 5 wins? Bader? ROFL, Te huna? old and scared to throw anything rampage? Fabio who he almost got KO'ed by in the last round? Or the amazing fighter kimgsbury? Come on guys.... Jones is gona eat him alive.... Hes no were near a threat like Gus was...

I hope this card gets some more high quality names cuz its pretty shameful that this is the Superbowl card...:redface:

Mir vs Reem is on the 167 card. but, yeah, I agree with you.

Edit: Wow!! you are right. I just noticed it was moved to 169!!!! What was the reason behind that?

Well, who wants to be first guy to blast TS?

I still dont feel Teixeira earned his title shot, i feel like he got a hand picked road to the belt beating bums.... What are his last 5 wins? Bader? ROFL, Te huna? old and scared to throw anything rampage? Fabio who he almost got KO'ed by in the last round? Or the amazing fighter kimgsbury? Come on guys.... Jones is gona eat him alive.... Hes no were near a threat like Gus was...

Agree 100% about glover, unfortunately pointing out he has 1 top 10 win draws the ire of sherdog users.

Poor co main event since it's a day before Super Bowl. Overeem isn't a big sell, especially since he got KTFO twice in his past 2 fights.

166-168 still hasn't happened and I'm sure all of Sherdog is more excited for what's about to happen soon instead of 4 months from now.

So losing to top ten guys means you should be kicked out of the UFC when there are plenty of guys on the roster with no top ten opponents let alone wins?

Give me a break.

Well I won't because I agree with him

I already know Glover is too short and slow to do anything and they did this fight as damage control from the Gustafsson fight

Overeem and Mir shouldn't be co-headlining anything at this point, they need to win a damn fight first

Im not sure there is a valid reason to blast me besides that someone would say that these 2 fights who are probably gona be main and co main events are great fights for a Superbowl card... I cant see any hype for any of these 4 fighters, i just dont see this as a game changer in their ranks and for the champions this means nothing both in their respective divisions.

Jones almost lost his title 3 fights in a row. Glover has power and is a wizard on the ground. A lot of people gave Gus no chance and looked what happened.

Wait a second, Mir/Overeem is the co main? lol wat

Jones almost lost his title 3 fights in a row. Glover has power and is a wizard on the ground. A lot of people gave Gus no chance and looked what happened.

How did Jones lose 3 fights in a row? Cuz his toe got fucked up? yeah, sonnen doing big things there.. Nonetheless this does not matter, i dont even like jones rofl, and who are these people that gave Gus no chance? Last time i checked this fight was pretty close and had HUGE hype about their similar height and reach(yes jones still has advantage in reach).

Glover does not have that much power... He couldn't even finish Fabio...Who was half dead, he has power but not as much as people think he has. His striking is only mediocre and jones will kick him to death because he will not be threaten by his strikes so getting a takedown when someone is looking to defend it before you attempt it is going to be next to impossible.

Mir v. Reem will probably be a violent fight (or they'll both be tentative and gas) but I'm not really looking forward to it even though I like both guys.

Jones v. Teixeira is a good fight but I hope the rest of the card is really strong. Maybe throw Aldo onto that card?

How did Jones lose 3 fights in a row? Cuz his toe got fucked up? yeah, sonnen doing big things there.. Nonetheless this does not matter, i dont even like jones rofl, and who are these people that gave Gus no chance? Last time i checked this fight was pretty close and had HUGE hype about their similar height and reach(yes jones still has advantage in reach).

Glover does not have that much power... He couldn't even finish Fabio...Who was half dead, he has power but not as much as people think he has. His striking is only mediocre and jones will kick him to death because he will not be threaten by his strikes so getting a takedown when someone is looking to defend it before you attempt it is going to be next to impossible.

Picks prior to the fight were 80/20 jones

Mir v. Reem will probably be a violent fight (or they'll both be tentative and gas) but I'm not really looking forward to it even though I like both guys.

Jones v. Teixeira is a good fight but I hope the rest of the card is really strong. Maybe throw Aldo onto that card?

Wouldn't happen. Aldo is waiting on Pettis at least that's what he's said.

That's fine if you don't like it; no one said you had to.

Sure, it's not the best card ever, but I'm going to watch because I like watching MMA. I don't need to have a card full of huge names to enjoy the sport. And besides, the card isn't finalized yet - it's in five months... It might get better.

Also, people complain about every card, but usually it's the cards that people whine about the most that turn out the best.

a) Nobody gave Gus a chance, all that hype about height/reach was official UFC promotion. The betting odds were like -800/+600.
b) Not being able to KO Fabio Maldonado =/= not having power. He nearly beat Fabio into a living death.

Back