Im not an expert, but isnt Tyson Furys 250kg deadlift bad for your back?

No I wasn’t never close to 700 I think I recall saying my goal was 700 but obviously I haven’t achieved that.

All of that is an aside though because I’ve seen you call other posters including myself “weaklings” for having 400 squats or 500 deadlift amongst other derogatory comments about others strength levels. Jim included.

And now y’all are back tracking saying yes it isn’t strong by certain standards.

It almost like y’all exist on the forum to make smartalic comments and demean others lifts because you get some weird sense of enjoyment from it.
Yah, you did post a facebook video saying you were close to 700. It was in this thread, but you deleted it. Classic pokerandbeer... https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...immy-and-spdrew-and-minions.3687631/page-3#po

Classic drew

Deflecting the accusation so he can feel better about demeaning people

that was all lower back strength, he needs to work on his mobility before going that heavy

It almost like y’all exist on the forum to make smartalic comments and demean others lifts because you get some weird sense of enjoyment from it.
So we dont contribute anything to the forum? Jim's probably the most knowledgable person here. You just dont like us because we disagree with you constantly.

Jim's probably the most knowledgable person here.

giphy.gif

Welp, that's one person's view on the subject...
I mean, I guess I’m probably up there for powerlifting and general squat/bench/dead/press/etc knowledge, but you never know who’s lurking. Coaching or creating programs for people? Definitely not.

Keep hating, brah <3

I mean, I guess I’m probably up there for powerlifting and general squat/bench/dead/press/etc knowledge, but you never know who’s lurking. Coaching or creating programs for people? Definitely not.

Keep hating, brah <3
Yeah, I was referring to strength related stuff. I should have been more specific.

No I think you are both knowledgeable when it comes to strength the proof is in the pudding

However I think it gets under your skin when somebody comes up saying they are strong and present alternative viewpoints to your own and that’s why you message some bs like calling people weaklings or whatever.

In that thread you brought up earlier we spent a good portion of time arguing about whether I should be mixed hook gripping for no reason at all but just so y’all could attempt to annoy me. Really? Pages debating the inadequacy of a mixed hook grip?

However I think it gets under your skin when somebody comes up saying they are strong and present alternative viewpoints to your own and that’s why you message some bs like calling people weaklings or whatever.

No lol.

Listening to alternative viewpoints from many sources is how you pick up useful tidbits to add to and enhance your own training. You do, however, still have to filter out the bullshit.

I do double supinated hook grip, by the way.

Fury should just be using a trap-bar instead. Clearly lacks the hip mobility / overall mobility to get into a position to hold a neutral spine apparently. This is also old clearly right?

I would think @Sano is probably that guy. He seems to have a great understanding of sports science.
Not sure about that one, but thanks. Still have a lot to learn.

I have a degree in the field. Absolutely do not know as much as Sano, though.
Hard to say. I might have more experience in rehabilitation, and I'm somewhat well read on sports biomechanics, but you definitely have more practical experience with the barbell and you're way, way stronger than me.

Is your degree in sports science? Did I understand that correctly?

Hard to say. I might have more experience in rehabilitation, and I'm somewhat well read on sports biomechanics, but you definitely have more practical experience with the barbell and you're way, way stronger than me.

Is your degree in sports science? Did I understand that correctly?

I think that's a fair assessment. Beyond a certain point, I don't think strength necessarily matters all that much. Up to that point, however, it can probably be a good indicator of how much knowledge and experience someone has accumulated.

I have a BSc in kinesiology, yeah.

Last edited:
Back