Im not an expert, but isnt Tyson Furys 250kg deadlift bad for your back?

ConorFacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That weight with a rounded back is not good right?

Last edited:
Its fine as long as you wear those gloves. Textbook form

Yes if he lifts like that too frequently he will damage his discs. His form is shit.

The guy is 6'9". If he's pulling heavy, he should be pulling sumo.

Thor, brian shaw, hollands

Those are world class strongmen; not lanky pro boxers who lift as an afterthought to their sport-specific training. Not even mentioning the obvious impact the difference in weight would have.

Those are world class strongmen; not lanky pro boxers who lift as an afterthought to their sport-specific training. Not even mentioning the obvious impact the difference in weight would have.
Why would more bodyweight be beneficial, excluding absolute strength? It's easier to get into a good starting position when you're 6'9 250 vs 6'9 425.

Why would more bodyweight be beneficial, excluding absolute strength? It's easier to get into a good starting position when you're 6'9 250 vs 6'9 425.

Because absolute strength, anatomical differences, and technical proficiency. Those guys have much thicker, stronger, cores, that are better suited for maintaining a neutral spine when deadlifting. The added weight also alters their dimensions, so their trunk/height ratio is more advantageous for deadlifting. Also, they're just better at it in general, because it's a direct part of their sport. Thus,

Bottom line is, Fury can't pull that weight conventional, without significantly lumbar flexion. He probably could if he pulled sumo, however.

The added weight also alters their dimensions, so their trunk/height ratio is more advantageous for deadlifting.
I guess you didn't read, "excluding absolute strength." Also, you're just spouting off nonsense now.

I guess you didn't read, "excluding absolute strength." Also, you're just spouting off nonsense now.

No, I read it. It's just material to the discussion, so to exclude it, would be to exclude the discussion itself.

Also, guys who have thicker trunks, relative to their heights, almost invariably have stronger cores, and hence can resist a great amount of torque on their lumbar spine.

But w/e, I'm getting bored of having to explain it.

No, I read it. It's just material to the discussion, so to exclude it, would be to exclude the discussion itself.

Also, guys who have thicker trunks, relative to their heights, almost invariably have stronger cores, and hence can resist a great amount of torque on their lumbar spine.

But w/e, I'm getting bored of having to explain it.
You dont understand how deadlift leverages work.

Can you give me a detailed explanation of how switching to sumo would fix his lumbar flexion?

Which is exactly why shws are always great deadlifters.

Ego lifting at it's most egotistical. Fury is a great fighter, and legit strong AF. But doing a one rep max attempt with shit form is beyond stupid when an injury could cost him millions.

You dont understand how deadlift leverages work.
You know I'm seeing more fat dudes pulling sumo but then Dave Tate says conventional is better with a guy because you can push it off your legs. I don't know who is right.

Back