I'm new here, Please explain! Inc Jones vs Gus II + Cormier Talk

okay i answered some of your questions. sorry i'm not the sherdog composite poster you seem to be addressing. actually, this is the new annoying trend on sherdog: every asshole and his brother makes threads criticizing the supposed "general opinion" of sherdog or some "typical sherdogger." this is a waste of time. let's just discuss fights/fighters/mma and stop making threads about the kinds of threads you don't like.

Very well put.

TS has practically declared himself a prior banned troll.

My question: Why does sherdog let people like you make threads like this over and over with each new account?

Very well put.

My question: Why does sherdog let people like you make threads like this over and over with each new account?

You think you could help the mods put an end to that sort of thing? :)

White belts get all the hate, but funnily enough some of the absolute most terrible posters on this board have the highest belt ranks. It really doesn't mean anything. It is just a dick measuring contest for older members to puff up their chest and act superior.

Welcome to the Internet. lol

It's pretty simple:

Rematch with Gustafsson is bullshit, DC is the legitimate contender.

And the champ is clearly not scared, because the latter is a much bigger threat.

It's pretty simple:

Rematch with Gustafsson is bullshit, DC is the legitimate contender.

And the champ is clearly not scared, because the latter is a much bigger threat.

I say line them up

We need both fights, it isn't about which is more deserving. DC has a brief LHW resume and a good HW resume and great showings. Gus rematch is more money for now.

DC doesn't need another fight to contend but it probably would help with the marketing

1. Why all the hate for Bruce Buffer?

2. Why do people discredit fighters based on MMA Math?

3. Why do people preach that a fighter is untested, undeserving or overrated after every fight?

Since i already have this topic, I'm going to include a few of the "repeated" subjects i see on the forums.

• Whats with all the Jones/Gus/Cormier threads discussing who should be favorite? Is one not enough? I see people claiming that Gus should be the favorite leading into this fight, which to me, seems insane. He's not the champion, and whether you like it or not, he just lost to Jones.
  • Does your hate for a fighter rid you of common sense? I also think Jones is all over the place when it comes to his personal life and how he acts, i personally think he's trying to be a role model, but failing because of his natural tendancies. Hes still just a kid. I'm not sure how this correlates into your opinion of his skill level, which is hes proved time and time again.
  • People saying Cormier is untested? You can NOT say that his HW accomplishments don't apply at LHW when you also discredit Jones for being larger than all his opponents. You lose any type of credibility by having double standards.

My prediction for Jones vs Gus II:
  • I think Gus is a good fighter, I also think Gus might have had his one chance to beat Jones. I PERSONALLY think that Jones looked off, this might be due to Gus's performance making him look off... but I think when you look at how they both performed, Jones left more room for improvement than Gus.
  • That being said i feel like Jones will bring a better gameplan to the table this time and be more focus'd on proving a point. Round III TKO

Questions 1-3 have the same answer: Because Sherdog is filled with ignorant twats (including myself).

Your thoughts on the whole Jones/Gus/Cormier situation is pretty decently thought out. Good points all around for the most part.

As for your predictions, perhaps. Crazier things have happened.

Very well put.

lol. thanks. btw, were you previously a mod?

Very well put.

This is my only account. I've browsed this site for some time, but thats it.

Back