I'm loving 7 Days To Die.

AgonyandIrony

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I read a couple posts on here when I searched how no one liked it, and it got pretty mediocre reviews from critics (despite pretty strong user reviews) so I was a little hesitant to buy it.

Well I'm glad I did. I'm still not like any of the pros on YouTube and just now to Day 8 ( I reset a few times. The learning curve is pretty steep) but I've had some amazing times already.

Highly recommend it!

...it looks awful like a ps1 game... and plays crap..

Graphics aren't great but I'm not a graphics whore. The animations are meh, but it's a $30 game.

Zombie Panic: Source was one of my all time favorite multiplayer games so this is right up my alley.

It's tense and highly addictive.

Graphics snobs will hate it. But it's actually quite an enjoyable game. Pretty difficult to get into for a new starter, especially solo, but it's probably the best of the "zombie survival" games right now.

It's not like he avoided telling us about the lackluster mainstream reception. Nobody loves meta-polling more than me, but if we all just blindly followed such things, then we would miss out on all those glorious gems that appeal to a niche (wherein we happen to belong to that minority niche which is being delighted). Just as it is an unshakeable truth that a general consensus of greatness reveals which games are truly all-time greats, so it is also an unshakeable truth that each and every one of us has multiple games that we cherish in our personal "Desert Island" collection that were only lukewarmly received, or even panned.

The purpose of forums like this is yoking a culture of people who by demographic and by interest are more likely to belong to the same niche. That's why off-the-wall recommendations on Sherdog of games that may appear shitty at first glance also may be far more likely to reveal those zirconium-in-the-rough that might steal our hearts.

Short version: don't bash it til you try it.

Me and a few friends have been considering trying this. Does it have a physical copy? I want to rent it before i buy it. It does look like crap from what I've seen but like you guys have mentioned, it's only $30 and as long is i can have a good time playing i don't care too much about the graphics in a game like this.

Oh

c-12_final_resistance_0.jpg

Me and a few friends have been considering trying this. Does it have a physical copy? I want to rent it before i buy it. It does look like crap from what I've seen but like you guys have mentioned, it's only $30 and as long is i can have a good time playing i don't care too much about the graphics in a game like this.

It's a kind of hybrid of zombie survival, mine craft and some tower defense type of thing. $30, is that on PC or console? It is on sale on steam fairly often, think I got it for like £8 down from £18.99.

It's a kind of hybrid of zombie survival, mine craft and some tower defense type of thing. $30, is that on PC or console? It is on sale on steam fairly often, think I got it for like £8 down from £18.99.

Console. I rented it this morning, it had a quick install so i got to play for a few minutes and I might end up buying it. I probably won't play solo tho. It seems like it's way more fun playing with someone.

Console. I rented it this morning, it had a quick install so i got to play for a few minutes and I might end up buying it. I probably won't play solo tho. It seems like it's way more fun playing with someone.

It will be I imagine. I've been playing solo and it's made for a great role playing experience.

Although I might have fucked myself.. It's day 14 and I've been out scavenging too much. Finally got an smg and a pistol with a meh supply of ammo. The horde that spawns every seven days will be coming in soon and I have a long way to run to try and get to the safest hiding spot I know..

It's a super market, I dropped in through the air conditioning ducts and found a little hiding spot between the bottom floor and the roof only accessible by a ladder.. Hopefully they won't tear through the roof and get me..

I'll let you know in about an hour lol.

Last edited:

Yeah it's definitely worth playing as a group. It takes so many man hours to build a decent structure that will survive the hordes.

It will be I imagine. I've been playing solo and it's made for a great role playing experience.

Although I might have fucked myself.. It's day 14 and I've been out scavenging too much. Finally got an smg and a pistol with a meh supply of ammo. The horde that spawns every seven days will be coming in soon and I have a long way to run to try and get to the safest hiding spot I know..

It's a super market, I dropped in through the air conditioning ducts and found a little hiding spot between the bottom floor and the roof only accessible by a ladder.. Hopefully they won't tear through the rough and get me..

I'll let you know in about an hour lol.

Good luck.

Good luck.
I can hear them all around me right now lol. Pretty sure they've made it to the roof.. I puteverything I have in storage and I'm just waiting with my bow and an axe to see if my defenses hold... Should have dropped my mines.

Well.. They're inside the building now. Just heard them smash through the barricade. Five more in game hours to go lol.

I survived! Just barely. Morning rolled around and there were about twenty zombies rummaging through the building. I took to the roof to try and figure out what happened but they destroyed the bottom of the ladder so I couldn't get down and a spider zombie was waiting on the roof for me. I tried to make a break for it and fell in the hole and dropped down and ended up surrounded by twenty zombies, somehow made it back up to the roof and took out the spider zombie. Seventy arrows later and I was finally able to survey the damage.

They destroyed an entire wall to get to me, I spotted a down to the south I'm going to check out later.. I have seven days now before the next horde hits, and I'm a doofus and still have yet to build a forge, relying on my bow and a scavenged pistol and smg to keep me safe until then.

I put in time on the PC and really enjoy it. I think it a decent game and got it for 10$ during the summer steam sale. I cant find a dam treasure for shit spent 2-3 days digging for it. Had to build a house near the dig site too. I am gonna find it

I bought this for my niece 2 weeks ago. We played split-screen for about 3 hours. The game's graphics are shitty and the framerate drops to 1fps (xbone). Building wooden frames is a headache since you see a hologram of the entire frame before building it. You have to shoot a zombie many times in the head for them to go down which really upsets me. Zombies should die when 1 bullet or sharp object enters their brain.

Other than that the game is a lot of fun. The map is huge and you can also generate random maps. The crafting system is pretty complex. You can find/build really cool things. The game also relies on physics so if you add a large balcony to your cabin, make sure to add support beams under it or it will fall apart. The game also gets extremely dark at night. You can't see anything without your torch.

I don't really mind shitty graphics. My only real complaint about the game is that it takes lots of bullets to take a zombie down. I had a lot of fun playing the game until I found a gun and had to put an entire clip into a zombie's head from 3 feet away. The gun's damage was no different from a wooden club's damage.

Didn't know the guns were so weak, I haven't gotten one yet. I'm enjoying the game so far tho.

I bought this for my niece 2 weeks ago. We played split-screen for about 3 hours. The game's graphics are shitty and the framerate drops to 1fps (xbone). Building wooden frames is a headache since you see a hologram of the entire frame before building it. You have to shoot a zombie many times in the head for them to go down which really upsets me. Zombies should die when 1 bullet or sharp object enters their brain.

Other than that the game is a lot of fun. The map is huge and you can also generate random maps. The crafting system is pretty complex. You can find/build really cool things. The game also relies on physics so if you add a large balcony to your cabin, make sure to add support beams under it or it will fall apart. The game also gets extremely dark at night. You can't see anything without your torch.

I don't really mind shitty graphics. My only real complaint about the game is that it takes lots of bullets to take a zombie down. I had a lot of fun playing the game until I found a gun and had to put an entire clip into a zombie's head from 3 feet away. The gun's damage was no different from a wooden club's damage.

What day are you on? I just hit day 22.
Didn't know the guns were so weak, I haven't gotten one yet. I'm enjoying the game so far tho.

You need to level up your gun tree and find better firearms.

Also they're about to drop the new Alpha 16 (pretty sure) and they're adding an NPC trader and roving gangs of bandits. If you pop over to their forums they do a really good job of listening to their fan base.

What system you playing on?

What day are you on? I just hit day 22.

You need to level up your gun tree and find better firearms.

Also they're about to drop the new Alpha 16 (pretty sure) and they're adding an NPC trader and roving gangs of bandits. If you pop over to their forums they do a really good job of listening to their fan base.

What system you playing on?

Xbox One

I swear the game used to be better looking in the alpha, anyways we had so much fun playing it. We built a cave straight down in a lake, no zombies got to us. It was hella fun

Back