I'm losing interest in the UFC

Doing better money wise is not the same as them providing better content. We really got spoiled back in 1999-2011. But, tbh that’s something normal in entertainment (music, movies, tv shows, etc) . As an example , the first 2 albums of a musician/ group, the first and maybe second movie of a franchise and the first 2 seasons of a tv show are usually the best ones. After that, their executives try to squeeze every drop they can out of it to get money.. lots of it. The product waters down and becomes trash, though. I knew this would happen once they jumped into the fox deal. More money, bigger scene, more cards .. BUT much worse content.

Its understandable that they need to make money as well. They made their move... probably the right one FOR THEM. Had they stayed on spike tv and turned down rbk, fox and espn they wouldn’t be nowhere near as rich. Or they would have gotten bought out for chump change.
(Some fighters got screwed over with that rbk deal. Unfortunately its the world that we live in.)

Last edited:
Ask this again in the winter. There’s too much good stuff going on in the summer to sit in front of a screen watching DoughNoze.

“I doughno who that fighter even is”

Its as good as its ever been. Yes we miss the keith jardine days. They are lost days , lest thy are forgottenth , pilgrim

Bro have you ever heard of Jimmy Crute!?

<31><31>

I feel you TS, UFC is much too diverse and based for me now
Going to switch to RoughnRowdy and BAreKnuckle

Multiple times you have failed the delivery on the "who the fook is that guy" joke. If you don't know who Thiago Santos is then you aren't losing interest. You never had any interest.
It kind of proves my point about me losing interest, not that I never had any.

It’s weird because I like watching mma but how can I get excited for every card when there is no familiarity of the fighters? I feel like UFC needs. Minor league or something.

What they would be wise to do would be to stop spreading the quality high level fights so thin. No one is going to watch next week's card besides the dedicated fanbase, so let Guida and whatshisname headline it and move Robbie vs Colby to last Saturday's PPV.

They're concerned with headliners, to some extent, but they don't have enough compelling matchups to spread across 50 events. They really should just let the bottom 20% of cards be what they are (trash) and consolidate more quality to the PPVs.

Ask this again in the winter. There’s too much good stuff going on in the summer to sit in front of a screen watching DoughNoze.

“I doughno who that fighter even is”
Iove this :
Me : ufc this weekend
Friend : oh anyone i know?
Me: nah
Friend : oh. Sweet

Woah go look at my posts I hate Conor.

I just don't really care about MMA like I used to. I assumed it was because I'm 100% sober now.

They need to do less events. 1 stacked card every 4-6 weeks will bring the UFC back to it's glory days. Everything feels watered down and like there are only ever 4 really good PPVs per year
I disagree there are enough good fighters to do 2 events a month each with atleast 5 top 10 fighters on it.

This is my honest opinion they just need to do less fights per card. If they kept the amount of cards they have but they all had 8 or 9 fights per card instead of 12 or 13, I bet more people would be interested in watching the whole card start to finish.

I started watching the sport back in 2004 or 2005 and was a fervent fan of all things MMA, but I haven’t watched a live event like five years.

I just can’t justify wasting money on watered down cards and fighters I’ve never heard of.

I don’t even stream the fights. I’ll read a play by play, and if the fight seems interesting or important I’ll watch it a few days or weeks later.

The death of JMMA and Strikeforce, put a steak in the heart of the sport. The UFC is the worst aspects of the American corporation rendered corporeal. It’s all become a diluted soup of nothingness.

Original post from a conor fanboy

Conor killed MMA. He made people realize just how great and entertaining it can be, and at the same time he made people realize that anything MMA that isn't Conor, sucks.

UFC was just fine before Conor. I'm not a WWE fan so I never got on his train.

My pops came over for the fight and he asked. What is Joe Silva doing! I had to update him. When he notices it means something because normally he just wants to get together and watch some good fights.

It's all the same
only the names will change
Everyday
Seems were wasting away

I will say I know they're trying to get back their investment back. I'm not saying the sport is dying or anything. I'm just not as into it with this new format.
I do like the cards getting over earlier. That's kind of nice.

There’s too much money involved now.

People can fight whenever and whomever they want.

The GSP’s of the world are more common than the Cowboy Cerrone’s.

I can't believe how many people are saying that we get too much UFC now. I remember back in the day when I had to watch WEC, Bellator and other smaller orgs' events to satisfy the hunger and to find new interesting prospects, but nowadays I get it all from the UFC. So what if every card isn't stacked, there are still usually good fights on every card although I do agree that the PPV quality has been inconsistent lately.

Bro you guys kill me..

Back when UFC had like 6 events a year, we were all like UFC is dying will never be mainstream accepted sport like boxing...its like a 2 month wait till the next card

Now the UFC has enough traction and fighters to put cards on weekly/bi weekly and y'all are complaining???

You guys seem lazy,

Poor me... i dont want to pay attention to so many fighters and invest my time in whos actually fighting blah blah boo hooo ...water down hurr huur

This is fantastic for the sport..

Stop being blinded by nostalgia...

I can't believe how many people are saying that we get too much UFC now. I remember back in the day when I had to watch WEC, Bellator and other smaller orgs' events to satisfy the hunger and to find new interesting prospects, but nowadays I get it all from the UFC. So what if every card isn't stacked, there are still usually good fights on every card although I do agree that the PPV quality has been inconsistent lately.

YES, mad hespetch bro

I remember those days...now you have so many choices as a MMA fan not to mention the UFCs roster depth alone

Back