I'm looking for verified sources on the following:

mma midwest fan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
-The date Jon Jones took the drug test

-The date the results were known

-The date the UFC was notified

they knew several weeks ago. but let's be real, they also knew DC v Jones would sell big and that's more important, right.

I am sure the UFC cut a deal with Jones along the lines of "after the PPV, announce that you yourself decided to enter rehab voluntarily, gain some fans while you lose some. We will then have PR write up some supportive language of your situation."

First two have been already answered and I'm not sure you will actually find the real answer to the 3rd question. The commission obviously found out on the 23th but did they actually notify the UFC as soon as they got the test results back? I would think so, but that's just speculation.

I am sure the UFC cut a deal with Jones along the lines of "after the PPV, announce that you yourself decided to enter rehab voluntarily, gain some fans while you lose some. We will then have PR write up some supportive language of your situation."

That seems very likely. It is the exact kind of advice an attorney would give.
It probably is the most efficient way to control the story.

Not a chance. Especially knowing he failed the first one.

It would have been out of his system by weigh-ins.

This brings up a good question, tho - obviously he got notified of the results when they came in, but was Jon sweating bullets all December wondering if he had pissed hot ? Since it was just the byproduct it must've been a couple days out, meaning it was borderline whether it would be detectable at all.

That must be an awful lot of anxiety, not knowing whether you had pissed hot, and what that would mean. For all we know he thought all month long that he was going to lose everything.

Also a chance that he knew and talked to Dana and company about it before the results came back, to get some assurances

So I just read that the commission said the cocaine result was an "anomaly" that they would describe at a later date. If it was an anomaly, the test should be thrown out. We should've never heard about it.

Back