Im looking at CCC differently now

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm starting to question whether CCC was really the best Bantamweight in the world.

It's now clear that he caught Moraes at the beginning of a downslide. And Cruz is 60% of the fighter he once was.

I no longer have faith that CCC could or would beat the Yans, sterlings, and Sandhagens of the world. Even TJ at 135 could probably beat him.

CCC at 135 was beneficiary of great circumstances and damn good luck. Simple as that.

I'm starting to question whether CCC was really the best Bantamweight in the world.

It's now clear that he caught Moraes at the beginning of a downslide. And Cruz is 60% of the fighter he once was.

I no longer have faith that CCC could or would beat he Yans, sterlings, and Sandhagens of the world. Even TJ at 135 could probably beat him.

CCC at 135 was beneficiary of great circumstances and damn good luck. Simple as that.
no you're way off base. you have no idea the kind of athlete he is.

That's the beauty of walking away you can retain the 'benefit of the doubt' for the rest of your life if you leave on a high.

I'd love to have seen more CCC as well.

Lol wut

Cejudo went on one of the best runs in UFC history with DJ, Morales and TJ. No denying that.

It matters WHEN you beat someone.

Marlon was a beast. Let's not forget that he was on a win streak when he fought Triple C and Triple C broke that and sent him on this current slide.

neither does triple c. that's why he retired and ran away

LOL No. Before Cejudo fought Marlon he was looking like he was next in line for the Championship, and a certified killer. No one BROKE, let alone brought the fight to Marlon the way Cejudo did. He was stiffing contenders left and right and looked like he had no weaknesses. Just because it was Cejudo that cracked the code, and Marlon went on to fight other Strikers good enough to work on it doesn't mean Cejudo caught him on the downside.

Henry laid out the blueprint others followed, and was the FIRST person that showed how he could be beat definitively. Even in Assuncao's first victory over Marlon, many argued it was a close fight that Marlon won.

I no longer have faith that CCC could or would beat the Yans, sterlings, and Sandhagens of the world. Even TJ at 135 could probably beat him.

He left right when the Bantam weight division was getting challenging. Hardly the goat he claims to be lol

Hes a beast, but I never thought he was some 135 world beater. He was improving, and that was the thing I rated highly! He could have gotten there with a few more defenses (in my eyes).

Cejudo has that big brain, big head fight IQ

Can go toe to toe with DJ too

Well I never thought he was. Goofy hype and gimmick. DJ beat him in the rematch too.
I felt DJ won the rematch but the judges disagreed and it was hardly a robbery. He won a fight based on takedowns and control when he was outstruck every round.

I think that fight just highlights a problem with the new unified rules still favoring grappling. 1 takedown vs 0 is easy for a judge to say "well he won the grappling clearly." But if the other guy out strikes him by 5 strikes? 10? 20? when is enough significant strikes to offset the takedown? I think the takedown should basically count as a strike in scoring, because the takedown is only valuable in terms of the position it gives you. If a fighter then throws strikes from that dominant position then the weight of the takedown in scoring is basically exponentially enhanced. That's what happened in the Cejudo DJ fight.

DJ out struck him. And the rounds the judges gave Henry were all a coin toss based on how much you weight the takedown vs a strike (or how well the judge was able to count the strikes. All takedowns are easy for a judge to score. Strikes... a different story.). That fight is a perfect example of the issue.

Counting a takedown as 1 significant strike basically penalizes a fighter if he scores the takedown but can't capitalize on the position. Sure he scores points with it but at a huge energy cost relative to throwing an effective strike.

I think CCC would have to come back and win some more to really be the level some think he is. I think he's in the top 10 best ever, but I also think a few guys would give him trouble.

Back