I'm in the minority, but I don't think cocaine use is that bad

It is not that he did coke. Adults should be able to do any drug they want. Just not in a title fight training camp

There is a reason for why it's allowed out of competition. Whatever upside there is, there are just as big, if not bigger, downsides. He partied, that's it. Probably while drinking. Double standards.

I think this is the lynch-pin.

Jones has ratted out cannabis users and was proud of it.

Now he's been caught with coke, which makes him out to be an enormous jack ass.

Rightfully so.

This thread is mainly about the use of cocaine and how others unfairly judge it.

I have done a shit ton of Coke, Molly, Acid and Shrooms! I gave zero fucks what people thought. I used on the weekends. Now I have kids so I don't have money to burn but if I didn't have kids I would still use drugs.

Last edited:
This is hilarious because it's Jones, with the snitching and self-righteousness. But other than that it's a non-issue to me. He probably just did a line or two with some friends one night. But I wouldn't care if he was a coke head either. I'd actually be impressed that he could function at such a high level despite a physical addiction; especially having to go through withdrawal around fight time in order to pass the post-fight drug test.

I could not care less. That's not true of course, I feel sorry for him. Clearly the pressure got to him.

I have done a shit ton of Coke, Molly, Acid and Shrooms! I gave zero fucks what people thought. I used on the weekends. Now I have kids so I don't have money to burn but if I didn't have kids I would still use drugs.

Dude, when you kick those little brats out of the house, you'll be able to chase the dragon once again!

tons of cokeheads working the oilrigs , it leaves the system fast compared to weed.

It's better than driving drunk, that's got certain.

Then again, I'm all for figures putting whatever the wish into their bodies.

not any better or worse than drunk driving?

Better than drunk driving.

That's a truly deplorable act.

And with cabs, UBER, friends and more importantly Jones' $$$, there is no excuse.

Yeah drunk driving's way worse.

Powdering the nose and feeling wacky versus endangering every innocent person on the roads just because you don't want to call a car to come pick your drunk ass up.

driving while on coke is WAY better than driving when drinking. back when i used to drive, i would occasionally drive after having snorted a few lines. if anything, it gets you really focused on your driving environment. on the other hand, it can also get you to put the pedal to the metal, and get you in trouble that way.

when you're drinking and driving, you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

Yes, high school Jones would not approve of current Jones.

Or would he?

snowballking.jpg

Yes, it's addicting.

Yes, it's one step away from crack.

Yes, as a professional athlete he "shouldn't" be doing it.

But ya know what - if I've learned anything from living in Hollywood and being around film sets and filmmakers, that every once in a while, there isn't anything wrong at all with a little coke. Alcohol, caffeine and prescription barbiturates are all acceptable for some reason. I'd lump cocaine in with any of those. With responsible use, any drug can be managed. Yes, any of them.

It's not a performance enhancer and perhaps JJ is legitimately addicted to it. Glad he's checked into a facility to get some help.

Jones will get lambasted for this and perhaps, rightfully so.

But I don't judge.

Cocaine isn't that bad. Most people who live in the city have done it. It's a shit drug that fucks with your heart. Doing it is stupid more than anything.

Once you get into speed or meth territory then you're fucked.

Cocaine use is not bad in terms of PED's because it does not enhance but de-hances your abilities and beating someone on Cocaine is pretty impressive.

I should of known when jones was fired up that he was high on something.

I dont know many fighters who can fight on cocaine and win fights. Jones needs to quit with the recreational drugs before it destroys his body.

For people saying it's really common....

If you are a drug user you probably spend time with other drug users. Those people are your frame of reference, therefore to you it seems common. I don't want to be a dick here, but pretty much everyone I have ever met who does coke on a regular is a total scumbag. I don't spend time with people like that. Not trying to judge, that has just been my experience in life.

Back