I'm in rehabilitation training the next 2 months from knee injury from MMA, how can I train twice a

Dynamitetalks

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm at home for the next 2 months due to rehabilitation training after knee surgery.

I do knee exercises 2 times a day and do some upperbody functionaltraining / body weight training, stretching once a day.

But I want to train 2 times a day. How can I do it? Can I benefit from it or will I just break down my body?I can not do squats or anything really with my legs for the next 2 week I guess. I can't shadowbox neither.

Any advice for improving myself. I have all the time for now and my body is weak since I'd knee issues for over a year compared to at what point I was at before the injury.

Have a good training session today everyone.

edit:

Some things I have in mind to focus on is:
Strength and Stability of all the smaller muscles in the body.
Improve Balance.
Improve speed
Improve functional strength
Improve Grip strenght.
- what do you recommend to focus on more?

However I can't do explosive exercises except from pullups, benchpress, shoulder press, etc - anything where my feet don't have ground contact really.

Last edited:
No one who has advice or ideas?

I'll svim with a foamfloating pad and I'm shadow boxing on a bench with very light dumbbells.

Can I do functional/explosive exercises everyday or is it better every other day only?
Can I do functional/explosive exercises in the morning everyday/every otherday and heavy strength training in the evening every other day?

Your body requires a lot of energy just to heal from surgery. Stressing your body overly likely isn't the best idea.

Have you spoken to whomever is overseeing your rehab if it is a good idea to do any of the things you've suggested?

I have had two knee surgeries. My only job and goal was to heal from that. Two a day doing the light exercises you pt has you doing is great.

What type of surgery is it? With my meniscus after 3 weeks I was really doing everything else upper body. You can't plan these things. Listen to tour body and more importantly listen to docs and pt.

I know the feeling you have where you are bored and anxious about the idea of sitting around and doing nothing and making no progress. Surgery is the only time in your life where you have to just deal with it. Great progress will be made as soon as you are healed.

I would focus on rest and healing. Continue with your stretches and rehab and maybe add in some pushups to help maintain functional upper body strength.

Visit the swimming pool as well.

The weight room and punching bags aren’t going anywhere. Take care of yourself and get better.

it was a meniscus surgery, I'd 1/3 removed.
I spent the first 14 days doing absolutely nothing, I keep myself on the croctes even through you're told to let go of them once you can. Just wanted to make sure it all got well.
I'd 3 meniscus surgeries in my knees total.

I did some explosive exercises two times and I'm not doing it again until 1-2 weeks, I might emphasis not to put stress on my knee, but it does tighten up through my entire body as well as the knee even though its not used, so I delay it for the next 1 - 2 weeks.

I do strength training with lower weights now for maintaince only. I realize I was obsessed with getting back since this injury kept me from training for very very long time.

Thanks for all your concerns, I see your rationality outweights my anxious stupidity, but my doctor said I could do whatever my knee allowed me to.. I will rather bet save than be sorry.

14 days of nothing? I'm assuming you ( incorrectly) opted out of physical therapy. I was doing pt 3 days after surgery and 3 times a week. That shit is super important man. Meniscus is not a complicated surgery, but if you heal incorrectly it can be huge. Also, since you are an athlete you are expecting a lot of your body so you need that pt training so all those small muscle dont atrophy and cause another injury soon.

Back