I'm having issues with being mounted..

Not to nitpick but wasnt that "eddie bravo shit" just basically the elbow escape?

i didn't read it thoroughly, but wasn't the eddie bravo shit, the step-over foot drag escape?

Seriously dude, I could TELL you what I'm going to do to you and you wouldn't be able to stop me since you're so new to grappling.
/QUOTE]

not to change the subject or be a dick, but have you ever done this with newer guys to help them see what could be happening. One person thought I was being a dickhead b/c I told them what I was transitioning to b/c he liked to be "focused" during rolling, but to me rolling is about learning to me and when a black belt did this with me in a private lesson I saw a lot of different things I hadn't seen before.

i didn't read it thoroughly, but wasn't the eddie bravo shit, the step-over foot drag escape?

I always considered this the elbow escape. One of the variations anyway. You can also hook his foot from the inside and lift/stretch as you pry with your elbow.

I guess some people do it without the foot drag or hook but the variations I mentioned seem much more effective.

I dont think was ever taught the elbow escape without a foot drag included.

Elbows close to you, feet near your ass, knees/feet close to each other, every time you attempt any escape move from under mount..make sure you reset back to that

other than bridging/shrimping, I suggest asking your instructor for tips on how to retain guard/half-guard, prevention is the best escape IF you can pull it off

Well today went much better. It was a different instructor and he is only a purple, not a black belt, but it was only 3 of us and the instructor. The other two guys were a bit more experienced and very helpful. Since he knew I only had two classes under my belt (well, his belt actually I had to borrow a gi top), he started with very basic things like how to create a good base. We did some more guard escapes, and a gi choke. When free rolling I managed to get a half guard on my partner, though he was probably going pretty easy on me. But every time he submitted me we stopped and he went back and did the whole, 'Ok, this is what I did, and this is how you do it, and this is how you should've prevented it'. A very good experience overall.

Back