Im happy for Dana afterall...

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guy made a ton of cash in his life while saving our sport... Badass isnt it?

As long Dana's driveway is full of snow....I'm happy.

A bit of a step up from the Don King types in boxing.

Love him or hate him 90% of the people that post here wouldn't be doing so if it wasn't for Dana. If Sherdog would still even be a thing.

If you can make 360 million dollars doing something you enjoy - You have nailed the American Dream.

ufc121_weighin_28.jpg

I'm happy too.

His children will get snow in their Vegas homes for the next fifteen years.

I hate the narrative that Dana somehow saved the UFC. It was going to make it, no matter what. It had too much momentum. It hit a small slump, then got this huge amount of energy pushing it forward.

The Fertitas and Dana got the UFC, by strong arming the owners, via the position they held at the Athletic Commission.

They wanted to buy it and if they did not accept the offer, they would just devalue the sport by making it illegal and every other commission would follow their standard.

They were forced to sell to the Fertitas.

They actually slowed the sport down and mismanaged it, something they continue to do.

Pretty much anyone would have had the same result. I actually think this is about the worst it could have been, while still being a moderate success in the mainstream.

I was involved back then and I remember feeling the breaks come on when they got ahold of it. Pretty much everyone felt the same.

Noone really liked Dana at all, until the TUF newbs got on board and believed his BS from the show.

It's kind of funny to watch a company rewrite history, but here we are, you guys believing that shit while I lived through it and know the truth.

Now, all that being said,... Good for him for being successful. I'm not going to hate on his success. I just want the story of it to be truthful.

I hate the narrative that Dana somehow saved the UFC. It was going to make it, no matter what. It had too much momentum. It hit a small slump, then got this huge amount of energy pushing it forward.

The Fertitas and Dana got the UFC, by strong arming the owners, via the position they held at the Athletic Commission.

They wanted to buy it and if they did not accept the offer, they would just devalue the sport by making it illegal and every other commission would follow their standard.

They actually slowed the sport down and mismanaged it, something they continue to do.

Pretty much anyone would have had the same result. I actually think this is about the worst it could have been, while still being a moderate success in the mainstream.

I was involved back then and I remember feeling the breaks come on when they got ahold of it. Pretty much everyone felt the same.

Noone really liked Dana at all, until the TUF newbs got on board and believed his BS from the show.

It's kind of funny to watch a company rewrite history, but here we are, you guys believing that shit while I lived through it and know the truth.

Now, all that being said,... Good for him for being successful. I'm not going to hate on his success. I just want the story of it to be truthful.
Good read, thanx

I think Dana is one of the happiest men on planet earth. Still pretty young. FULL of money, family and love his job, besides he owns everybody in his job

And..who are you exactly????

Dana is a Dick but he works his ass off, he really is a lot like Vince McMahon.

Back