I'm gonna try cooking steak tonight and I'm no cook

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
I bought a couple pieces of ribeye and I'm doin the gordon ramsay tutorial from Youtube on how to cook steak.

Salt and pepper and some thyme. gonna be adding butter and garlic once I get cooking

Wish me luck..

20210421-114127.jpg

I bought a couple pieces of ribeye and I'm doin the gordon ramsay tutorial from Youtube on how to cook steak.

Salt and pepper and some thyme. gonna be adding butter and garlic once I get cooking

Wish me luck..

20210421-114127.jpg
Please post pics of your well done steaks on shitty looking plates for us to judge. Thanks.

Yeah, I'll post the after picture. I'm lettin it soak in the salt and pepper while it gets to room temperature

The steaks Gordon gets are different than what you’ll find at the local grocery. Cheaper steaks require a little more time and marinade no matter the cut.

I use worcheshire, beer, Montreal, and garlic for the marinade. Cook it the same way with the butter and thyme. It’ll be good.

Wish me luck..

20210421-114127.jpg

sea salt, ground pepper, lube it with some olive oil and stick that shit on a george foreman grill

Yeah, I'll post the after picture. I'm lettin it soak in the salt and pepper while it gets to room temperature
Make sure to pat it dry right before it goes into the pan. I’m of the school of thought that you only add salt right before it goes in the pan. The salt draws fluid out of the meat, and that leads to essentially boiling it around 100C rather than cooking it in oil at a much hotter temperature.

Fuck gordon.

Make sure the steak is dry and the pan is hot hot hot. Let it rest for 10 minutes at least before you cut it.

Should have used the dry brine technique.

You add salt and a little msg all over the steak, then leave it in the fridge overnight. Next day patt off the excess salt and water then cook the steak to your liking. It improves the tenderness and flavour at the same time.

But since its your first time it's too early for these advanced techniques. One steak at a time.

Wish me luck..

20210421-114127.jpg

Those are some really good cuts.

Pretty hard to mess that up TBH

Good luck!!

Back