Im gonna start doing no gi

bjjfighter91

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Im doing no gi soon and i wanted to know if u guys knew any good brand names that make shorts. Im thinking about getting like koral or tapout or something idk.

check out nogi.com, they have the best looking shorts imo. Sprawl.tv and xfgear.com are awsome as well.

and this is a weird noob question but could i wear swimming pants for no gi pants? Are they like the same material and stuff?

bjjfighter91 said:
and this is a weird noob question but could i wear swimming pants for no gi pants? Are they like the same material and stuff?

You could wear board shorts, alot of guys do. But I would definitally recomend getting some shorts more suited for MMA and grappling. I really like the XFGear shorts (http://store.xfgear.com/) but there are plenty out there to choose from.

Nogi, Sprawl, and HCK are my favorite looking shorts. I have the green sprawls. Good looking shorts.

I contemplated HCK and Nogi but I got my Sprawls for free. Take a look at SSF: they carry some good stuff.

I have used a variety of shorts, and I like my tapouts the best. Their customer service is a bit shady, but these shorts are great. Order through Ron and you should be golden.

i have sprawl,fcf,bad boy and tapout and i like my tap out shorts the best

JACKC said:
i have sprawl,fcf,bad boy and tapout and i like my tap out shorts the best

which bad boy shorts do u have? did u get them from badboymma.com? and hows the quality? sorry for all the questions....

The owner of Zerogear (Jeff) is a friend of mine and Oldskool is his brand. They are well made shorts and he will start making shorts for a major gi company because the gi companies shorts weren't all that great. I can get those shorts for you as well.

www.SSFgear.con

SSF said:
The owner of Zerogear (Jeff) is a friend of mine and Oldskool is his brand. They are well made shorts and he will start making shorts for a major gi company because the gi companies shorts weren't all that great. I can get those shorts for you as well.

www.SSFgear.con

You truly are the Target of MMA.

I personally use nogi, and highly recommend them. They are very good looking, i get compliments all the time, and they are very practical to grappling. They don't get in the way, they stretch well, and best of all IMO, they feel like your not even wearing anything.

bjjfighter91 said:

Do you realize you can just wear mesh nylon gym shorts? These are loose fitting, easy to find, are very durable, and just short of knee length in most cases. I mention this because you can purcahse them at discount stores for $10. Personally, I can't see spending $40 on shorts to grapple in, when cheaper shorts will work just as well.

Pinecone

pinecone said:
Do you realize you can just wear mesh nylon gym shorts? These are loose fitting, easy to find, are very durable, and just short of knee length in most cases. I mention this because you can purcahse them at discount stores for $10. Personally, I can't see spending $40 on shorts to grapple in, when cheaper shorts will work just as well.

Pinecone

I've rolled in mesh shorts. They tend to show half my ass (and that's not pretty, especially the "gay" sport of jiujitsu). http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=322182

pinecone said:

Pinecone

I have a order of fight shorts for guys just like you coming in. The shorts are called Rhino Wear and they are cut a lot like the old Sprawl but are not made out of the same kind of material. The Rhino shorts have held up great after 3 months of use and only cost $25.00. The whole shorts stretches and are really light but I'm not sure how they will hold up over the long term compaired to a pair of $45 shorts but if they only last 2/3 as long you are still ahead of the game. Remember that these are not to replace Nogi or Sprawls as your comp shorts but to be used as a training shorts so you can save the high dollars shorts to fight in. I'll post pictures tonight of the pair I've been using.

www.SSFgear.com

Do most of the manufactures carry sizes for those of us who are really skinny? I wear a size 28 on a good day. It can be a pain in the butt trying to get equipment.

Kent

pooljunkie73 said:
Do most of the manufactures carry sizes for those of us who are really skinny? I wear a size 28 on a good day. It can be a pain in the butt trying to get equipment.

Kent

I'm alittle bigger than you but not much, I'm around a 29 at biggest. My XFGear shorts fit me the best in terms of being small and getting a really good fit. My SPRAWLS are also good when it come to fit but the XFGear shorts are talored better for us small guys.

Back