I'm getting buldozed!

Am I the only one wondering how someone can be close to his blue belt with almost no experience with/knowledge of the butterfly guard?

Don't worry i know exactly what what your saying, i don't feel anyware near where i need to be to get my blue. and if it came as soon as i think it is i'll feel completely undeserving so i'm not trying to big myself up in anyway.

i can only go from what my instuctor has said to me in the one to one lessons i do.

Just keep training!!! some people are just sooo strong! plus training No-Gi is too his advantage! just keep trying! you will just be that much better against smaller guys, use your speed! i know i know he's probably quite fast too!lol...keep looking for openings! everybody makes a mistake that you can use to your advantage, big or small...good luck!

yeah, start practicing. cuz to me it sounds like you are competing.

yeah i suppose i am but surly a little friendly competition is healthy?

I'm trying to use getting beat as a learning tool and if it gives me that extra motivation to come on here and look for alternitive stratergies then that con only be a good thing right?

I'm not going full out for the win but if read the original post this guy doesn't just beat me he destroy's me so ideas like butterfly and keeping a strong closed guard are great.

I didn't roll with him in class today but i've tried to work some basic buttrefly sweeps on some of my other partners and when i next roll with him i'll try and implement them.

A good closed guard is another good idea for this guy as he use's the can opener on me a lot so there could be an easy armbar there if i can time it right.

Am I the only one wondering how someone can be close to his blue belt with almost no experience with/knowledge of the butterfly guard?

I'm a blue belt and I never use butterfly gaurd unless I'm temporarily stuck there while trying to get back to full guard. I would classify myslef as having very little knowledge of butterfly guard.

Back