I'm cool with RDA losing his belt over this.

Not only should they make an interim title but 'we' need more titles period, European title, "Japan Open World Title", US Champion and intercontintal title it would give value to more guys, now like there is like Robbie holding the ww title and the ohter guys are just jobbers.

Are you his mom? That's such an asinine suggestion i can't even believe anyone who isn't on his nuts would think that's reasonable. Be impartial, injuries happen and interim belts are fake unless it's for an inactive champion. Dos Anjos fought like 2 months ago.
Its about money, selling ppvs the UFC is a business,the champ is inactive he cant defend his belt so ya you need to give the interim belt to conor till RDA heals up his foot.

Is normal.

Yeah they should totally just strip RDA of the belt and crown Conor as the new LW belt.

Great idea TS

brentrambooriginal.gif

Then how do you explain Anderson Silva, for example, a champion with many title defenses yet never an injury leading up to a fight?

The fact is, the vast majority of UFC champions do NOT get injured leading up to title defenses.

Time to hold all champions to that skill caliber, because as I said, staying healthy is a skill in itself.

RDA fought what 2 months ago and has not pulled out of I fight that I remember.. Anderson fought every 6-9 months and also had most of his defenses before the insurance came in.

Dude... shit happens.

He fought 2 months ago you fucking idiots...

He's defended once????? Lol
When has he ever pulled out of a fight cause injury?
McGregor hasnt even defended once nor fought a single ufc lightweight contender.
Stripping dos anjos would just create a paper champ regardless who wins.

Not getting hurt in training is a skill and dictates your caliber to an extent? What in the actual fuck did I just read?

Top lel.

Derp...

Things you have to read on this site these days...

smh.

When has he ever pulled out of a fight cause injury?
McGregor hasnt even defended once nor fought a single ufc lightweight contender.
Stripping dos anjos would just create a paper champ regardless who wins.
The only thing important is that he's pulling out against mcgregor less than 2 weeks out. Part of professionalism is staying healthy and if injured, not this close to the fight. Don't strip him, but make a interim belt for ppv purpose.

These champions shouldn't be getting injured like this. It's mainly happening during sparring. Just off the top of my head we have RDA, Aldo, and Cain recently.

At this point I'd rather see a possible "under prepared" (in the sense that they didn't spar as much as normal) champion show up to the fight, than reoccurring injured champions throwing entire fight cards into disarray.

This is a fast moving, constantly evolving sport and guess what folks, staying healthy is the most under appreciated aspect of it, in fact it could be argued that staying healthy is a skill unto itself.

A champion that trains smart, rests well and stays healthy is of a higher skill caliber than one who gets injured. It's as simple as that.

Time for a new standard here, if you get injured as champ, you can kiss your belt goodbye until you adopt the proper training practices to stay healthy, because obviously that part of your game is still lacking and until it improves you're not champion caliber.

You obviously have never trained.

lol @ taking his title away for breaking his foot. Id love to see what would happen if they pulled that on conor

The only thing important is that he's pulling out against mcgregor less than 2 weeks out. Part of professionalism is staying healthy and if injured, not this close to the fight. Don't strip him, but make a interim belt for ppv purpose.
I got no problem with that, rda might be out awhile.
I thought you meant strip him entirely, thats dumb.

I got no problem with that, rda might be out awhile.
I thought you meant strip him entirely, thats dumb.
Agreed it's dumb to strip him given he just fought. But let's make that interim belt. But obviously that's not happening at 170 lbs.

Then how do you explain Anderson Silva, for example, a champion with many title defenses yet never an injury leading up to a fight?

The fact is, the vast majority of UFC champions do NOT get injured leading up to title defenses.

Time to hold all champions to that skill caliber, because as I said, staying healthy is a skill in itself.
You realize Anderson comes from some of the hardest sparring gyms in Brazil, right?

Some fighters get injured, some don't, almost all do at some point. It's a fucking fight they're training for, of course injuries will happen. Stop getting your panties all bunched up.

It amazes me how stupid people are on this site. Like really.

Back