I'm convinced, Daniel Cormier will beat both Jon Jones and Gustaffson.

I agree. Been saying this for a long time. He is a beast.

Apparently he still has to fight people who are ranked below him first to satisfy bitter sherdoggers.

He just has to beat every fighter in the LHW top 10, besides Gus and Jones.
Then, when he's done, if it's been more than 2 years since the first of those wins, he has to go back and reprove himself by beating them again.
Then when he's beat all 7 of them within a 2yr window, he can face Gus and Bones.
Then, if he beats them, and defends his title at least 5 times, he's legit.

Otherwise = overhyped

It won't look pretty, but he'll beat both easily, via takedown with ground and pound for 5 rounds.

As a martial artist myself, when I watch fighters, I look for holes in their game, weaknesses, and tonight, Daniel Cormier showed me he had none. His ground game is unbelievable, unstoppable. His striking was crisp and to the point. His cardio, flawless.

Daniel Cormier is the next UFC LHW champion.

Silly to think that he showed you he had no holes in his game in one fight. That just isn't logical, even. He did what was expected of him, nothing more, imo.

Wow the Gus nuthugging is getting out of hand, his best win is still Shogun ffs.

It's appropriate to say Jones will beat him, due to his resume, but to say Gus because of an impressive but losing effort to Jones is mad.

fyi i think Gus will beat Jones in the rematch, but until he does i dont see how he's favored over Cormier.

I have high hopes from him. Only time will tell how good he is.

These three coupled with Rumble, Manuwa and Glover can keep us entertained for years to come. LHW looks so delicious without MWs and 'Legends'.

ib0rNS6w7LWshL.gif

Haha I love how Roy puts his hands on his belly and looks at DC, obviously thinking "man that's awkward".

Frankly I don't see it. Henderson is a legend but the dude is 43 years old and was coming off trt. He looked so slow it wasn't even funny. Take nothing away from Cormier, but that fight isn't a great indicator of his ability at 205.

I think Gus loses the rematch and Cormier comes in a pulls a Weidman or Dillashaw on the champ. If Gus wins then Cormier does the same to him. Bottom line is I think Cormier is the real deal and more to the point, better than Jones. He just has that many tools. I can't wait to see what he has in store for Jones when he starts raking Cormier. I don't know what it will be, but I guarantee he has an answer for it that will make everyone wonder why other fighters did not try it. I mean that arm is extended and ripe for dragging or something.

With DC the potential is there just like it was for Jones years ago on the way to his title. But he still has to show he can strike with taller guys who are adept at keeping fights standing.

His strength for the weight class is pretty impressive though, say what you want about Hendo being past his prime but he still got ragdolled like he was a 135er.

I'm not sure DC can even beat Rashad yet. We will see.

Only thing is him fighting Evans has nothing to do with how'd he do vs Jones/Gus. Evans has some a good amount of experience training with DC and knows him pretty well, would be a very different dynamic to that fight. I think if he can find a reliable way to close distance on Jones without taking much damage then he has the fight. Its going to be all about Jones keeping his distance and tearing him up, if he tries to beat DC at his own game like other opponents, hes going to pay for it. If DC made it through Jones then I think his fight with Gus would go quite similar.

I am certain he will lose to both. Since he is too slow to avoid the damage, and none of us know how he handles taking a big hit in a real match yet.

If you're all expecting DC to have a chin like Gustafsson then you're dreaming, his career as a wrestler has in no way prepared him for the strikes that are coming his way.

The fights he's been in so far have all been vs. fighters who one would not expect to be able to hit a good wrestler, they all at some point relied on their own grappling as Plan A, obviously cormier will win vs. those guys.

Alot of people are jumping the gun hard on DC, but I certainly agree he deserves to fight the top to find out.

Jones and DC have allot of tools and they will be throwing them all if they fight. Jones always brings in some new cheeseball tactic like the knee kicks and fingers in the face.

He will def be going for DCs knees. I hope DC has an answer to save his knees.

I hope there are no freak accidents like texieras shoulder tear. I want to see a clean fight and a sub or KO ending.

Gus will probly loose but fingers in the face works best against a smaller guy than Gus. Jones has to think of a cheese tactic specifically for Gus.

I like all three, but DC can beat both. If Jones survives the Gus rematch and then DC, he's probably the GOAT, especially if he finishes both (highly unlikely, though, that he will finish both).

I hope there are no freak accidents like texieras shoulder tear.

not even a big jones fan but wtf is this nonsense "freak accident" lol yea, he cranked on the guys shoulder with an overhook and did shoulder damage to him..... who woulda thunk??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back