I'm convinced, Daniel Cormier will beat both Jon Jones and Gustaffson.

Jones/Gus this summer, winner vs. Cormier before year's end let's go Dan isn't getting younger.

It won't look pretty, but he'll beat both easily, via takedown with ground and pound for 5 rounds.

As a martial artist myself, when I watch fighters, I look for holes in their game, weaknesses, and tonight, Daniel Cormier showed me he had none. His ground game is unbelievable, unstoppable. His striking was crisp and to the point. His cardio, flawless.

Daniel Cormier is the next UFC LHW champion.

After what Dillashaw did to Barao, NOTHING surprises me anymore.

Gustafsson would do circles around him, outboxing him in the process.

You're drunk. NO sub game, strikes like a pussy cat, and laying on someone 35lbs lighter doesn't test your cardio. Go home drunk guy.

He knocked out Bigfoot and Mark Hunt didn't. Guy has beat the shit out of good heavy weights and just made Henderson look terrible. He'll hold his own against Jon Jones.

Gustafsson would do circles around him, outboxing him in the process.

Cormier has had a reach disadvantage in almost every single professional fight and he's still undefeated.

A lot of that is because he's fast, faster than you'd expect, and is, well, an olympic wrestler.

it's easy to say they'll stand on the outside and box him. Then he closes the gap and takes them down.

Go watch some of his fights... he's a major threat and always has been... haters can hate, but if you actually go watch some of his earlier fights, you get an idea of how fucking quick and threatening he can be.

I always felt Jones stays undefeated at LHW...I thought his first fight he would lose would be at HW, with HW size and strength... I feel Cromier has the tools to beat Jones in a unanimous decision.

I agree, it won't be entertaining but his wrestling is too dominant.

So how about when he KOed a giant in Big Foot and ragdolled Barnett for 5 rounds? Cormier beats both Jones and Gus.

Mike Kyle almost KO'd Bigfoot, and remind me, who the fuck has Barnett beaten in the past seven years?

There is a big gap between Hendo and Jones-Gus. Not saying Cormier can't win, but there is a good chance that Gus/Jones would blow through him too. With that said Cormier is clearly in that class. Now its time to find out who the best is of all three.

i'm not convinced dc can beat jones. jones isn't going to just lay there on the mat and allow dc to do as he pleases like the way hendo did.

How? Gus and Jones can easily out strike Cormier. So his only hope would be Wrestling which i think could beat Gus but not Jones.

how is cormier's wrestling not going to stop jones? if jones can't keep the fight on the feet against cormier, he loses.

There's something about Cormier that tells me he will take Jones down. He doesn't have that fear, he has so much confidence and drive. Pretty much every fighter, sans Gus, fought scared or "not to lose". DC strikes me as a guy who will impose his game plan and out grind Jones.

I think Gustafsson's in and out makes him a better style to challenge Cormier, but if I had to pick I'm going with Cormier over Jones,

LOL people here are acting as if Hendo was DC's best win.

Any sane MMA fan should have known all along that DC would be Jones biggest nightmare matchup. Tonight's domination of Hendo wasn't even necessary to prove it.

I don't think so. Bones will/would find a way to win. DC is good but Jones is the smartest fighter in the game.

Bones beats Gus in the rematch and Cormier imo. Most of you need to realize that Cormier wins in the UFC so far is against Mir, Nelson, Cummings and Hendo. A few of those guys are out their primes and one of them was a barista before going to the UFC.

Back