I'm confused

Being a great kick boxer doesn't mean you outstrike everyone you fight in MMA because you have to completely change how you strike when you fight in MMA vs. Kick boxing. Which is why some MMA fighters, who aren't great at kick boxing, KO even decent kick boxers, despite the fact said MMA fighters would get thrashed in an actual kickboxing match.

Most people make the point that great boxers wouldn't do well in MMA because people could ground and pound them. I think people would also be suprised that even if you brought in great pro - boxers, they would sometimes get out struck and KOd as well.

You're very well spoken and clear-minded about this - I admire that. It is respectfully true that everyone is prone to mistakes. Nobody is perfect, and people get caught even when its not intended to be so. Ali was once rocked by an opponent that was a severe underdog. Indeed, disasters can turn face from any shuffle. However, it clearly stands that JDS fans were exceedingly oblivious to how JDS' striking is overall. Despite the required strategical considerations for striking under MMA rules, JDS' striking only looked good because of his past opponents' inadequacies.

but this wasn't a striking MMA battle, what made Cain do so well is he kept stalking JDS and going for a takedown, then he faked it and went for a punch and got it, it's not to say Cains a bad striker, but he isn't a better striker overall then JDS

Wow, setting up strikes with take down attempts. How does it work?

JDS gets mauled by a wrestling machine with the best cardio and intensity in the division, so strikers with atrocious cardio like Hunt or Overeem can now beat him...

jump-to-conclusions.jpg

I think JDS would KO Overeem so your point is moot. Strikers have never given JDS much trouble at all.

I think JDS would KO Overeem so your point is moot. Strikers have never given JDS much trouble at all.

C-class kickboxers like Yvel or aged, faded, battle-worn ones like Crocop? Who are you going to mention next? Carwin? Lmao.

Neither of them don't need to fight from afar against JDS, and both have better offense. None have great defense. The whole distancing game becomes different against grapplers, which is why Cain and Cormier are tough fights for both Reem and Hunt. Overeem is a better MMA fighter than Hunt, but that wrestling is still a problem.

Ignoring kickboxing skills between strikers is foolish. Hunt smokes Kongo, who's a good striker for MMA. Overeem would do the same.

I still believe JDS would KO/TKO those guys, even after tonight.

Back