I'm calling it now, Usman TKOs Mas on the FEET

...Call me crazy...
giphy.gif

I can appreciate bold predictions since I predicted that Usman would beat Colby back when everyone was saying that Colby was going to win that fight, and I predicted that Usman vs Colby was going to be a stand up battle since that's usually what happens when two high level wrestlers fight each other, but I think if Usman wins (which I think he will) then it will be by either unanimous decision or submission. Or TKO via ground and pound or elbows in the clinch.

Not comparing usman to gsp because he's nowhere close to ex ww champion...my point is gsp used his wrestling, good cardio same qualities usman has to nullify many of his opponents that were better in the stand up or more power and gsp was still able to prevail.

so usman can win against masvidal if he has a good game plan, avoids taking heavy strikes and threaten masvidal with td's and and keep him guessing to throw him off the way gsp did against better strikers.

masvidal can win this fight also if he has a good game plan, aware of the td's and attempt to land hard, clean shots if an opening comes up try and get the early finish.

either fighter can win this fight, wouldn't be surprised if masvidal ends up tilling usman with an uexpected punch...but also wouldn't be surprised if usman won by decision or possibly late rnd tko/ko via doctor stoppage bad cut, ect from elbows while on top from a td, or something.

Yeah right.

Colby was piecing Usman up.

If he stands with Jorge for half as long he is getting cracked.

Usman is much more likely to go out, imo.

Masvidal has never been finished with strikes. The Damm fight doesn't count, if you've seen it. Usman hasn't either, but Colby put him on Queer Street with an uppercut.

"Queer street" is fair game, right? Or did they deem that insensitive to the Qs?

If Usman stands with Masvidal on purpose I'd be shocked. He got wobbled by Colby. Masvidal would eat him alive standing up. Usman will grapplefuck Masvidal if he wants to win. If he suddenly thinks he's a great striker, we'll have a new ww champ.

blaydes just tko’d dos santos on the feet and this sounds just as probable as that would of prior to the fight
Except JDS has been washed for the past 7 years and getting slept in half of his fights since then, while Jorge has all the momentum right now and hasn’t been finished in over a decade.

Also HW’s gonna HW.
<Y2JSmirk>

Usman will get beaten blind if decides to keep it standing.

Usman is much more likely to go out, imo.

Masvidal has never been finished with strikes. The Damm fight doesn't count, if you've seen it. Usman hasn't either, but Colby put him on Queer Street with an uppercut.

"Queer street" is fair game, right? Or did they deem that insensitive to the Qs?
Eh, I'm queer and I have no problem with it. Especially since the word "queer" is one of the words that has many meanings. So whatever.
<Fedor23>

Usman already falling in love with his hands. Thinks because of his relative success against Covington he's now a feared striker. Even started talking about boxing Canelo.

The delusion is high. Masvidal going to flatline Marty.

Usman is gonna come into this fight spiteful, and will want to beat Mas on the feet, kind of like he chose to stand and trade with Colby.

While Mas is the better striker technically, Usman has the attributes (chin, endurance, power) to absorb Mas' punches and eventually gets the better of him in the stand up.

Call me crazy now, but you'll see - physical attributes mean A LOT.

95% of the time when a wrestler stands with someone ... its because they couldn't easily take that guy down or they had the advantage standing.

Both Usman and Coby both knew they would waste a ton of energy trying to take the other to the mat.

Usman is gonna come into this fight spiteful, and will want to beat Mas on the feet, kind of like he chose to stand and trade with Colby.

While Mas is the better striker technically, Usman has the attributes (chin, endurance, power) to absorb Mas' punches and eventually gets the better of him in the stand up.

usman gonna take him down and grind him out. Both have incredible chins. gonna be a shitty decision win for usman imo.

He stood with Colby because there was about as close to zero threat from colby.

He's smarter than that. I mean if he wants to give Jorge is best chance and basically throw the fight he'll stand with him.

This fight will be a bit closer version of Usman vs RDA.

yeah, you could be right. I don't like Usman, but he is a hell of a fighter, and he has way better cardio than Mas.

Masvidal gets dropped in a lot of his fights. I could see it happening.

Back