1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

I'm calling it now, Usman TKOs Mas on the FEET

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by The Legendary Scarface, Feb 1, 2020.

1. The Legendary Scarface Record since UFC 266 : 5-0

Usman is gonna come into this fight spiteful, and will want to beat Mas on the feet, kind of like he chose to stand and trade with Colby.

While Mas is the better striker technically, Usman has the attributes (chin, endurance, power) to absorb Mas' punches and eventually gets the better of him in the stand up.

Call me crazy now, but you'll see - physical attributes mean A LOT.

2. TheIrishPsycho Whiskey Belt

3. Lukn4trbl Brown Belt

I say TKO on the knees.

4. Doughie99 Silver Belt

No, Mas. :cool:

5. GrayArea Brown Belt

Usman will be diving for the legs within 2 minutes.

any striking that takes place during those two minutes will just be a setup to said leg-diving.

6. Beherit Banned Banned

If Usman strikes with Mas he is getting TKOed badly, NOBODY get wobbled that bad by covington ... Usman should stick to what he does best : wrestling and pressure.

7. keepemup Banned Banned

Whoo. This is one bold prediction.

I favor Usman but by UD or rear naked late.

Usman hands are ok and I think the quickness of Mas would be a problem.

We shall see.

8. ignorant MMA fan Creator of shit thread

9. Sweater of AV Gold Belt

In 48 fights Jorge has been KO/TKO'd once and it was over 11 years ago. Regardless, Usman isn't finishing him on the feet.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  10. King. Purple Belt

usman will win but there will be crotch sniffing involved. he will get lit up if he just keeps it standing only. needs to mix it up and THEN he can beat Masvidal on the feet.

11. ignorant MMA fan Creator of shit thread

Stephen A Smith?
    <{walkerwhut}>

12. ArmenianAssasin Silver Belt

blaydes just tko’d dos santos on the feet and this sounds just as probable as that would of prior to the fight

13. ArmenianAssasin Silver Belt

this , plus usman isn’t exactly a finisher either

14. Tomas Red Belt

Just another edgy prediction for attention, but yeah I don't think Usman would pull off some Jorge Till type of KO on Masvidal. It'd be against the fence with an elbow or something

I honestly don't think Masvidal vs Usman would be one sided if they just stood and traded for 5 rounds. Usman is better on the feet than people give him credit for.

15. CPH street lethal

Well that’s a pretty random prediction. Worth a thread? I don’t think so.

16. Ideanudge Banned Banned

The shots that Covington was getting through are the ones Mas does faster and with much more power. If Usman won't finish Mas early, he will get caught eventually.

17. Doughie99 Silver Belt

one pont here is that Masvidal HAS fought Demian Maia before, and did not get submitted. So that in itself implies he is pretty good at take-down defense, and for sure he is going to need that via Usman.

I think Masvidal is going to try to end this fight quickly, like he did with Till and Askren. He knows he doesn't wanna get into a wrestling ground-game with Usman, so I do expect ATT to come up with a strategy to beat Usman fairly fast and Masvidal is actually pretty good at sticking to the gameplan.
    It's an interesting fight, tough to call, but it's Masvidal's chance to be 170lb UFC Champion and for sure he's going to be taking it very seriously.

18. Protagoras Banned Banned

I think this is going to be really disappointing blow out. Mas is simply not as good as everyone makes him out to be.

His best win is against Till. The Askern KO, while spectacular, didn’t show us much of his game overall, and the Nate fight was just a laughably unimportant affair between a couple of overachieving journeymen.

If Maia was able to grapple fuck him then Usman will have no problem doing the same.

I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if the fear of the takedown severely compromises Mas’ striking ability, leaving him open to possible TKO for Usman.

19. ArmenianAssasin Silver Belt

hard to get off those shots when your off your back or constantly worried about the take down

don’t get me wrong I hope he sleeps snoozeman but styles make fights and you can’t really use the colby right as a example like that

alternatively - mas was taken down and grinded out by maia

20. Protagoras Banned Banned

Dude, Mas got totally grapple fucked by Maia. I mean, he scrambled hard and made Maia work for it but he never really showed he could stop the takedowns, which is why he lost the fight.

I have hard time taking the Maia fight as any kind of positive endorsement for how the Usman fight will go, given that Usman is an even better wrestler and takedown artist than Maia. Plus, Usman can actually strike, whereas Maia really doesn’t even try for it.

It’s not a great scenario for Mas, if we’re being honest.