I'm arguing with a friend about tj potentially being the goat down the track

To be fair he was calling both Anderson and DJ the P4P greatest for a while before they lost, although there was a weird little grey area when he would alternate between Anderson and Jones. I agree with your statement about how fans pick their P4P guy. Fedor has been one of my favorite fighters since '03 and I find myself always accentuating aspects of pound for pound that end up favorable for him (lack of size, undefeated streak, finishing percentage etc) while simultaneously omitting things like level of competition because that ends up favoring GSP or Jones rather than Fedor. The whole thing is confirmation bias at its finest haha.

I'm not trying to play dunce here, but what is the big deal about who is P4P best? If your mates are in to MMA and his so called P4P best loses you have a bit of banter with them. Otherwise you're debating/arguing with a bunch of words on a message board about a title that doesn't really exist.

Good question

TJ looks fantastic at the moment, and Renan was top 5 P4P and on a 30 fight win streak

*edit Just started watching the first TJ Barao fight again Rogan said Renan represented ''the very peak of MMA evolution'', ''world class stand up, world class grappling, everything world class''
Rogan says your one of the best ever p4p, get ready for your career to nose dive. The guy curses every fighter he says is best p4p.

I am by no way a Dillashaw fan but watching him fight, his skill set is right up there with the GOAT’s. Also makes you realize just how good Cruz is that he was able to beat him.

I'm not trying to play dunce here, but what is the big deal about who is P4P best? If your mates are in to MMA and his so called P4P best loses you have a bit of banter with them. Otherwise you're debating/arguing with a bunch of words on a message board about a title that doesn't really exist.
I just think it's another way to make a case for why your fighter's better than your friends favorite fighter haha.

Back