I'm an Admin. Ask me anything!

Are you @Clippy best friend and or husband/wife?
Clippy and I have a very misunderstood relationship. I heckled him for a long time when I wasn't on the staff, as he tends to make threads for every single thought he has. I used to say "Clippy belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads", which was a spinoff of the "white belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads" bit I mentioned above. If I'm ever hard on him, phrasing, it's because I know he's probably a good guy in real life and I want to see that part come out of him on here, definitely phrasing.

Precentually, how much of your Sherdog time is spent with moderator duties?

Also, when is the pink belt coming back?

Who is your favorite poster?
Boy, that's a tough one. Obviously if I picked a fellow staff member that would seem a little pretentious, so right now I think I'll go with my buddy @europe1. He's always positively contributing to any thread he's a part of, he's as much of an MMA fan as I am, and I haven't ever seen anyone legitimately say anything bad about him on here. Just an all around good dude.

Clippy and I have a very misunderstood relationship. I heckled him for a long time when I wasn't on the staff, as he tends to make threads for every single thought he has. I used to say "Clippy belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads", which was a spinoff of the "white belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads" bit I mentioned above. If I'm ever hard on him, phrasing, it's because I know he's probably a good guy in real life and I want to see that part come out of him on here, definitely phrasing.

So you did not answer my question...
Which in it self is an answer.....[<cena1}

Who is the ugliest mod on Sherdog?
Honestly I haven't seen everyone in the booth so I probably win that contest even though I'm an admin first and mod second. Got a big scar two inches long on the top of my head from trying to fly (and failing) when I was very young, and supposedly facial symmetry tells a lot about a person's objective attractiveness.

When u fart in the bathtub, do u pop the bubbles?

When you take a shit then pull off too much toiler paper to wipe your ass, do you say fuck it and ball all of it up and use it knowing it's more than is practically needed per attempt or do you split off a portion of the first wave then grab a little more to successfully clean your taint and asshole?
Who uses toilet paper anymore? It's 2018.

You don't know how to use the three seashells, do you?

what happened to kimble?
I never knew him personally, but I think we actually did lose him for real and not just a sudden and permanent hiatus from sherdog. At least that's what I heard from people that knew him in real life/on social media.

Precentually, how much of your Sherdog time is spent with moderator duties?

Also, when is the pink belt coming back?
Not as much as it used to, now I'm doing a lot more on the administrative side. I have some really interesting projects in the pipeline, including a somewhat minor but hopefully useful tool for thread starting. Won't be restricting anything, and it won't be mandatory, but it might be neat.

And the pink belt is alive and well, bud, I gave one to a welcher a month ago.

I never knew him personally, but I think we actually did lose him for real and not just a sudden and permanent hiatus from sherdog. At least that's what I heard from people that knew him in real life/on social media.
damn, that's sad.

I jokingly campaigned many years ago that white belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads. I think it's better for the site because it reduces clutter, especially in the heavies, but I do feel for the new posters that want to join and contribute. So far, it's cut down on spammers at least 95%, and it makes banned and returning trolls go through the process of posting like a normal person before getting to make threads.

makes sense. I also wondered if the results where there. Seems to me a lot of white belts are focussing in on quantity versus quality just to "get there". Have you noticed that in site results?

howd u become a mod?
I was recommended by a couple of posters who must have thought I added something positive to the forum. I wasn't ever carded for anything, I had some interesting projects that I started on here (like the Eminem Curse), and I don't usually flame people. Generally speaking, I treat people like they should be treated, and I don't put on a persona while posting on here.

So I received word from one of the admins at the time, I think it was tachy, that I'd be brought on following the software change from vBulletin to Xenforo in order to help out in the heavies. And so, I took it, because I like it here.

You sicken me. Wait, that wasn’t a question. What is why do you sicken me Alex?
Because my name is in Sherdog Orange, and I have too many tags under my name that unfortunately are more than just status symbols and I think actually affect how I can help run the forum.

Back