I'm allergic to nuts and I need an alternative.

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by B-Ma$e, Mar 11, 2008.

1. B-Ma$e

B-Ma$e Blue Belt

The title pretty much says it all. I eat a cup of non-fat cottage cheese every night before bed. Most mass building plans I've looked at suggest eating nuts or peanut butter as well at that time, which I can't do. Instead, I've been eating 6 multi-grain crackers. Is this a good alternative?

2. MikeMartial

MikeMartial Black Belt

Ask yourself this: Why would a mass building (*looks around* wait, this isn't a body building forum....whatever...) program call for nuts?

Answer that question, and you'll figure out if crackers are a good substitute.

3. Glen Sonnabend

Glen Sonnabend Amateur Fighter

flaxseed meal, raw cocao nibs.

4. B-Ma$e

B-Ma$e Blue Belt

That's part of it. I'm not exactly sure what the nuts are for. I know they have good fats and a little bit of carbohydrate, so that's why I thought the crackers might be a good substitute. Also, I'm asking a question about diet in the Dieting/Supplementation forum. I think that's appropriate.

5. mmuhr2

mmuhr2 Orange Belt

instead of nuts, try testicles or squirrel cheeks

god im hilarious. but for real flax seed can go right into a protein shake, and if youre partial to it i find olive oil to be delicious and salmon as well, unless you are referring strictly to a before bed snack source of fats then im not sure what to tell you besides flax

6. B-Ma$e

B-Ma$e Blue Belt

Cool thanks!