I'm Allergic To Creatine?

B

bSquared949

I think i am allergic to creatine (powder and pill form).
I have tried monohydrate, ethyl ester, and kre-alkalyn and they have all done the same thing:
- Stomach Cramps (they did not go away after a couple of days)
- Bloated

I did not think this was possible so I had my brother take the same stuff I did for the same amount of time and he did not have a problem with it.

I know creatine is important in muscle strength and growth so my question is:
Is there an alternative to creatine?

creatine does retent water, but its supposed to be inside muscle. What with are you taking the creatine?

Doubt that your actually allergic to the stuff cos its abundent in meats and stuff. But everybody reacts differently and GI distress would suggest that you shouldn't take it, just becouse its not worth it if you get craps etc.

Tell us the dose and what with did you take it...

some people do indeed experience your type of sideeffects...not necessarily an allergy but just your body having difficulties digesting the supplement...

it's found in meat/fish/poultry in considerably smaller quanitities...i believe u get 1g per kg of meat....so go on an all meat diet...haha...one of the posters in here did just that for other reasons...so it's definitely doable...(i am only half serious)

Exactly how did you take it? The only time the stuff has caused me problems I haven't used enough carbs/protein to elicit the necessary insulin response.

Some of the things you mentioned are just typical problems that some encounter with creatine(bloating and cramps).
I would look into using some BCAA. While the effects will not be the same, a high dose of leucine is good for muscles.

creatine does retent water, but its supposed to be inside muscle. What with are you taking the creatine?

Doubt that your actually allergic to the stuff cos its abundent in meats and stuff. But everybody reacts differently and GI distress would suggest that you shouldn't take it, just becouse its not worth it if you get craps etc.

Tell us the dose and what with did you take it...

5 grams pre and post workout

i know i am not allergic to it because it is found in food, but maybe 5 grams is too much for me?
should i try a lower dosage like 3grams or 2.5 grams?

A lower dose SHOULD reduce your side effects, which you could then try substituting half the dose for added meat consumption in the diet

The only side effects I had were really greasy shits for the week after the loading phase, every time.

Back