I'm a yuuuge Bernie nuthugger, but Trump is my second choice.

You're right, he did oppose it....over a year after the initial invasion.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/republi...-trump-opposed-iraq-war-but-after-it-started/

Remember that time Hilary got in a Twitter war or insulted journalists for asking him relevant questions?

Yeah me neither. That was Trump. The man has shown no self control or the ability to take ANY form of criticism. There has never been another candidate that cries like a little bitch because he believes he's "being treated unfairly" by the big mean moderators at a debate.

How does he expect to deal with other world leaders? Putin would push his shit in.

Lol. You mean the same Putin that gets flustered publicly and has spoken crudely (in Russian, by American standards at least) in public?

They'd probably have sex parties together.

Lol now Hilary takes the blame for the Iraq war?

297 members of the House of Representatives voted for the Iraq War Resolution.

96.4% of all Republican representatives voted in favor.

77 members of the Senate voted in favor. 48 out of 49 republicans voted in favor.

Gallup did a poll that found that 72% of the American people were also in favor of the Iraq invasion

....but yeah, it was Hilary :rolleyes:

I just wanted to quote this so that people will see how much courage, and faith in your own judgement Bernie Sanders had to have to stand up to the Iraq war.

One of the first times I ever saw Bernie Sanders was on Fox News in the lead up to the Iraq war. They were vicious to him, inferring he was a traitor, or a pacifist. Sanders showed the message discipline then that he shows now running for president. He just kept bringing it back to the evidence not being compelling enough for him

Not only did Bernie Sanders call the Iraq war the right way, but he did it for the exact reasons that he should have.

He was on record quite awhile after it happened. He never gave an opinion until public opinion switched away from it.

Also, literally no supporter of Sanders actual ideals would vote for Trump. Ever

That would be like a Ron Paul supporter voting for Obama because Paul lost.

It goes against their core philosophies.

How so? Trump says the billionaire class has to "pay their fair share." Trump wants to force the big shots that are squirreling their money abroad to bring it back. Trump wants to bring jobs back from countries that provide cheaper labor--bad for the capitalist class. Trump wants to play sit back and see how things play out in the M.E. as opposed to jump in at the first sign of hostilities. Trump wants to repeal Obamacare but replace it with something else (he seems to favor some sort of universal healthcare system).

So where is he so diametrically opposed to Bernie? Because he wants to protect the country's borders? Oh how fascist! Does Bernie think the Nordic countries he worships like Norway and Finland just have open borders with Russia? It seems like having secure borders and an orderly, accountable immigration system is commonsense everywhere in the world except America, in which case it's racism and fascism.

How so? Trump says the billionaire class has to "pay their fair share." Trump wants to force the big shots that are squirreling their money abroad to bring it back. Trump wants to bring jobs back from countries that provide cheaper labor--bad for the capitalist class. Trump wants to play sit back and see how things play out in the M.E. as opposed to jump in at the first sign of hostilities. Trump wants to repeal Obamacare but replace it with something else (he seems to favor some sort of universal healthcare system).

So where is he so diametrically opposed to Bernie? Because he wants to protect the country's borders? Oh how fascist! Does Bernie think the Nordic countries he worships like Norway and Finland just have open borders with Russia? It seems like having secure borders and an orderly, accountable immigration system is commonsense everywhere in the world except America, in which case it's racism and fascism.

Have you seen Trump's tax plan? Almost as regressive as a flat tax.

Lol. You mean the same Putin that gets flustered publicly and has spoken crudely (in Russian, by American standards at least) in public?

They'd probably have sex parties together.

That's possible.

The point is, world leaders like Putin won't play ball with our leaders. That would frustrate Trump and he'd fly off the handle and escalate issues further than need be. We need someone that can keep a level head and that isn't so inflammatory when he doesn't get his way.

That's possible.

The point is, world leaders like Putin won't play ball with our leaders. That would frustrate Trump and he'd fly off the handle and escalate issues further than need be. We need someone that can keep a level head and that isn't so inflammatory when he doesn't get his way.

Bringing up relations with Russia as one of the big reasons to vote Hillary over Trump is really funny.

Reset-button.jpg

US-Russian relations are worse now than they've ever been in my lifetime thanks to the current President and his former and current Secretaries of State. Under Obama, Russia has annexed the Crimea, effectively severed Eastern Ukraine from Western Ukraine, is bombing rebels that oppose their puppet in Syria, and is on tenterhooks with our crucial NATO ally Turkey. Why in the world would anyone think that the former Secretary of State under the President that has led to catastrophic deterioration in relations between Russia and the US would be the woman to repair them? Couple with Hillary's hawkish policies and support for war in the past, I see nothing but bad things happening between the US and Russia under Clinton. As you know, Russia is Putin; there are no checks and balances. And he holds a grudge. Clinton is tainted and he's not changing his mind. If you think The Donald is reckless with how he speaks, check out Putin's public comments about Saakashvili, a guy who had the audacity to protect his own country's borders.

Trump, on the other hand, has shown a willingness to work with traditional adversaries like Putin. He's not an ideologue like that. He's fresh blood. Like I said, Hillary is tainted and Putin is too proud/petulant to change his mind. Also remember that he respects strength more than weakness like any good autocrat does. Obama has left a void and Putin seized his opportunity. It's not coincidence relations were better during the Dubya years.

I'm not going to read all of that. But I will tell you that any other candidate would seek a diplomatic solution to any problem. Trump does not believe in compromise. It's worked out for him on occasion in the business world, but won't go over so well in the political arena.

So Rex, if Trump gets screwed, you voting for Bernie if he is up?

I'm not going to read all of that. But I will tell you that any other candidate would seek a diplomatic solution to any problem. Trump does not believe in compromise. It's worked out for him on occasion in the business world, but won't go over so well in the political arena.

What are you, 10? Thanks for wasting my time, dick. I'll extend the same courtesy to you, then.

So Rex, if Trump gets screwed, you voting for Bernie if he is up?

No, but at least in the primaries I'll be rooting for Bernie for the lulz.

My vote doesn't matter w.r.t. Bernie anyway. I'm not a registered Democrat which means I can't vote in their primaries. As far as in the general election, no Democrat will need my vote--I live in a thoroughly blue state.

Hillary Clinton wants to establish a no fly zone in Syria, was the main proponent of our attack on Libya, and of course voted for the Iraq war. She is on the same page as the warmonger republicans who are more concerned about taking out Assad than ISIS and is definitely closer to Bush on foreign policy than she is to Obama.

I don't know what to make of Trump, but just from how he was talking in the debate Saturday I see where TS is coming from. Bernie and Trump are the only two who seem to be against our regime change policy.

Hillary may be power-hungry but she's intelligent. If she starts new wars in the ME, her actions will be calculated. She wouldn't fuck it up enough to put us in danger.

Put "us" in danger?

Neo-con Hillary is definitely capable of fucking it up to the tune of 37,000 dead and wounded servicemen in Iraq - the way Cheney and Rummy did.

Under Obama, Russia has annexed the Crimea, effectively severed Eastern Ukraine from Western Ukraine, is bombing rebels that oppose their puppet in Syria, and is on tenterhooks with our crucial NATO ally Turkey. Why in the world would anyone think that the former Secretary of State under the President that has led to catastrophic deterioration in relations between Russia and the US would be the woman to repair them? Couple with Hillary's hawkish policies and support for war in the past, I see nothing but bad things happening between the US and Russia under Clinton

i'm a little confused by this post. on the one hand, you are criticizing clinton and obama for not being aggressive enough on putin, yet you follow it with the criticism that hillary has hawkish policies. seems like rather conflicting criticisms.

Not every issue. Some issues for sure; abortion rights for example. I think he's way better than her when it comes to free trade and not supporting illegal and grossly immoral military invasions of sovereign nations, though.

Every issue. To me, the most important is something like the Ryan budget. Trump wouldn't stop anything like that. He wouldn't appoint liberals to court positions. He's way more hawkish than Clinton. He'd allow or actively support a rollback of gains on the environment and financial reform. Etc.

Not only did he not comment on it, he, unlike Clinton, didn't vote for it. And he's remained a lot more aggressively opposed to it than she has ever since.

Yeah, the way it works is that if you're a private citizen, you don't get to vote on authorizing the president to go to war. And what is his opposition based on? We weren't brutal enough and didn't actually conquer the control and turn it into a colony, basically, right?

i'm a little confused by this post. on the one hand, you are criticizing clinton and obama for not being aggressive enough on putin, yet you follow it with the criticism that hillary has hawkish policies. seems like rather conflicting criticisms.

It's primary season so Republicans have been attacking the frontrunner from the left. Doesn't make any sense if you think about it, but people who blindly swallow party propaganda don't tend to be deep thinkers.

Not aggressive, just strong. Make it clear that you're the top dog.

And like I said, Hillary is tainted. Putin has zero respect for Obama and anyone connected to his Cabinet, and that means Hillary. There will be no rapprochement between Russia and the US with her at the helm. Trump is a fresh face and there's a better chance that Putin would feel he could work with him without losing face. Not that I'm saying you should base your vote on who you think will be able to work best with Russia's current dictator, only that citing the need for that rapprochement as a reason to vote Hillary over Trump is ludicrous.

Put "us" in danger?

Neo-con Hillary is definitely capable of fucking it up to the tune of 37,000 dead and wounded servicemen in Iraq - the way Cheney and Rummy did.

You’d prefer putting a man-child like Trump in charge of the strongest military in the world? The man who goes on infantile tirades on twitter. The man unable to articulate any plan whatsoever on any issue.

Jesus fucking Christ. You people deserve him. Just make sure the fallout plume doesn't reach me.

What are you, 10? Thanks for wasting my time, dick. I'll extend the same courtesy to you, then.

Keep your posts to a minimum of 10,000 words next time I guess.

Look, obviously we feel different about trump. I personally believe he doesn't have the temperament to be a great leader. You disagree. There's really not much either of us are going to say to persuade the other.

I've been pretty ardent about supporting whoever takes the Dem nomination on the basis of protecting the ACA and such, but honestly, after what I've seen in the past few weeks from the Clinton campaign and the DNC, I reckon I'll throw away a vote on the Green Party this year if Clinton wins.

Keep your posts to a minimum of 10,000 words next time I guess.

Look, obviously we feel different about trump. I personally believe he doesn't have the temperament to be a great leader. You disagree. There's really not much either of us are going to say to persuade the other.

You have nearly 15k posts on a message board over nearly a decade and you can't read a paragraph?

Back