I'm a UFC hater and the Rhonda hate is too much even for me

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JosephDredd, Aug 3, 2015.

1. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

I'm a blind UFC hater on most subjects. Dana is a human turd and I hope something happens to them (blowback from Reebok deal, lawsuit, whatever) that smashes them in the face and changes the way they do business. Every time Dana opens his goofing fuck mouth I roll my eyes and know that 90% of what he says is lies and yet people new to the sport will slurp it all up, either in blind worship of Dana or blind worship of people making money.

I understand the natural tendency to push back against the UFC hype machine (and Joe Rogan hit new heights of sychophancy with his special person, meaningful moment ranting). After all, it was even more nauseating when the UFC hype machine threw itself into Brock Lesnar while trying to discredit Fedor.

But there are some things that you should check yourself on before you hate on Rhonda.

1. She's fighting cans. She's fighting who they put in front of her. If you've given Rocky Marciano or Mike Tyson a pass on that score, then it's only fair to give Rhonda a pass.

2. She refuses to fight Cyborg / makes strange stipulations. If you gave GSP a pass for refusing to fight Anderson or Fedor a pass for demanding Ubereem be drug tested then it's only fair to give Rhonda a pass on this.

3. Rhonda being pushed as a superstar/crossver movie star/whatever. I'm a huge Fedor nuthugger. I saw that action movie he was in and that vag-crushing awesome commercial he did for the Olympics and loved it all. If he starred in his own biopic I'd have been ecstatic. Yeah, UFC, is probably going to do the Hulk Hogan thing where No Holds Barred flopped in the theatres, but WWF showed people lining up around the block and claimed it was a sold-out blockbuster. You have to remember that behind all the UFC's unbearable bullshit is a young woman who's leveraging superstardom in a shitty sport with low pay and powerless fighters. She's not scamming anyone, she's not defrauding anyone, I don't see how you can really fault her for this.

4. "When Rhonda fought where she had real competition she was not the best." This is just beyond fucking stupid. The only UFC Champion right now who WAS the best outside of the UFC is Werdum. When I saw this thread I just shook my head in disbelief. Grasping for straws with this one or just amazingly ignorant about the sport of MMA.

So, yeah, long thread summarized: some of this unchecked Rhonda hate should be checked for consistency with your stances on other fighters. If you hated them all then I guess you have the moral high-ground to hate Rhonda.

2. Cold Front

Cold Front Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You seem like a dull boy. If you're going to start a thread to counter the Ronda hatred, you ought to least be able to spell her name correctly.

3. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

Shit, you're right. I guess now I have to hate Rhonda and her whore mother for spelling her name wrong all those years ago.

4. Tramero

Tramero 50-0 Belt

If they hate her it's only because she's doing good you know

5. Cold Front

Or you can hate Reebok and the UFC, like you usually do, for not promoting her enough that the spelling of her name isn't drilled into your brain.

6. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

Nah, there are more than enough legitimate reasons to hate Reebok and the UFC.

7. Lloydster

Lloydster Orange Belt

Also, a lot of people loved it when Pride created intentional mismatches for entertainment. Ronda is facing mismatches simply because there is no one her equal at 135.

I think her fights are entertaining to watch. I think she will inspire many women to become great mixed martial artists.

8. FollowTheReap3r

FollowTheReap3r Blue Belt

Ronda fights cans.

9. Cold Front

Nobody outside of Japan loved PRIDE for letting good fighters like Wanderlai fight cans.

10. Bob Sagat

Bob Sagat Purple Belt

She's fighting cans. Yes, she's fighting the people who they put in front of her, which are cans.

Bethe was a 9-0 can. All those wins and still a complete embarrassment when it finally came to fight time, near zero technical ability.

Ronda is LEGIT. but she is the only legit competitor in her division.

11. PTSDtreatment

PTSDtreatment Blue Belt

Great points. I'm sure others will find holes in them, but that would require being fueled by hatred and having excess time. Except for the guy who wanted to discredit it all due to misspelling her name. Check for babies when you are throwing out the bathwater muchacho.

12. Suicide Season

Suicide Season Orange Belt

Literally no point making this thread, people love to hate regardless of merit or any evidence to support their opinions.

13. Lloydster

Lloydster Orange Belt

Yeah, well that's just, like, your opinion.

14. tombombadil

tombombadil Guest

Nope, that's not the go to reason, its only the go to excuse for people who can't see why people dislike a shitty person.

Good thread, TS. I like the rare times when someone isn't to the extreme pole on a subject.

15. tombombadil

tombombadil Guest

This is true, mostly. I was subject to frustration earlier today when calling the div 'cans'. Tate, Zingano and McMann are pretty solid.

However, the last time that I thought either Rousey or Cyborg MIGHT lose was the Carano fight. That's a long time, and whether its due to them, or the weakness of WMMA - they might as well be called cans because there is no competition when everyone knows that..... there.... is no competition....

16. green giant

green giant Honor still means something................

You wish it was that simple because then you would have figured it out right? Its because she is arrogant,full of herself and disrespectful. She is also fake and weird. Thats my reasons anyway. She has no place talking about honor when she has none. Plus she is the flag waver of the ufc's propaganda train.

17. youandme

youandme All on the DL.

She's like Tyson.

Highlight Machine, but ruling at a time where the division was kinda underwhelming.

18. teamfox223

teamfox223 Brown Belt

Bethe is the only can she fought in the UFC everyone else is legit.

Why is everyone saying Ronda is ducking Cyborg is beyond me. Cyborg fights at 145 can't make 135. One fight at 140 is point less, what do you do with Cyborg after the fight ? there is no 145 or 140 division in the UFC and pointless building a division around her, not enough talent at 145 and Cyborg is not marketable enough to hold a division by her self.

19. Tramero

Tramero 50-0 Belt

Do you know her? or you just know the "paper" she is doing like McGregor?

20. ufc_vs_pride

ufc_vs_pride Purple Belt

People like you are morons, It's ok when Ronda record is paddle but Wanderlei Silva 18 fight winning streak were all cans :rolleyes: