I'm a Jon Jones hater, but can't deny...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by GearSolidMetal, Jan 4, 2015.

1. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

...that he's the greatest LHW in the history of the sport.

That is all.

2. mikekoz68

mikekoz68 Purple Belt

ya me too, I hate the guy but he's def the best and he thinks he's the best but at least he didn't come right out and say he was better than Silva, rather stating that he considers Silva and George to be above him

I like me some GSP but...that idiot JJ is p4p better than Silva and GSP IMO -- he's really never lost, just had that one DQ for that stupid "board breaking 12-6" elbow rule, so he's 22-0 at 27 yrs of age....wow

3. God_Emperor_Of_Mankind

God_Emperor_Of_Mankind Let's Palaver! Platinum Member

Solid post TS.Tell it like it is.Come over to the light.
    It must be sad over there in tears and blood.

4. Gear you are tired and are saying things you will regret in a few days when your hate is recharged.

5. kic**

kic** Orange Belt

You are not a true Jon Jones hater then TS.

6. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Titanium Belt

I found myself rooting for Jones in this fight. Don't know why. Maybe I've turned the corner.

7. Rulio Gracie II

Rulio Gracie II Banned Banned

What do you think about his heart, his chin, his fighting spirit?

8. kic**

kic** Orange Belt

I am thinking about giving up mma. This night was just sad.

9. INTERL0PER

INTERL0PER Brown Belt

I'm a huge fan and always have been... and yes, Jones is the best LHW of all time, the best fighter currently fighting (only Aldo is close right now) and he's quickly closing in on best fighter of all time.

He's well and truly battle tested now, against the best fighters the sport has to offer.

Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto, Rashad, Vitor, Chael, Gus, Glover, Cormier... that is as good a ten fight streak as there has ever been in the sport.

Consistent dominance and the heart of a champion the one time he was truly tested.

At the very least, he deserves to be in the discussion with GSP, Anderson and Fedor.

10. Blicious

Blicious Blue Belt

greatest yes, most exciting/entertaining no. For more ppv buys and the big ppv-$$$$$$, jones should embrace the hate and work on ko-power.

11. Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell DEUS EX MACHINA Platinum Member

He's honest. That's better than delusional or dramatic. :cool:

12. Boxingislife

Boxingislife Banned Banned

Jones does have the greatest LHW resume ON PAPER ever, no question.

But what is really disturbing and bothersome is this

Most of Jones' marquee wins were over former killers who were far past their prime or were not at their best when Jones beat them. Context matters. Especially in GOAT talks, it has to be discussed and held against Jones whether fair or not.

Plus literally every one has been wayy smaller than Jones. Look what happened the first time Jones fought some one his own size and age in Gus. Really says it all. I just can find myself to say Jones is the best LHW ever "IN SKILL" when clearly size and REACH ARE A HUGE PART of Jones game and why Jones wins

This is simply a weak era right now where all the greats are old and THERES ONLY GUS who matches Jones in size.

I still rate Wanderlie and Shogun higher. They did what they did in greater more competitive times against prime opponents who were all equal sized etc

13. GearSolidMetal

Um, no. My objective analysis of Jones performances and accomplishments are not biased based upon my dislike of him as a person.

He's dominated everyone he's fought (except for Gus, but still got the win), and tonight a few of the rounds were razor close. But the fact that he got the TD on DC on three seperate occasions, was able to exhaust him, and was able to out-wrestle an olympian wrestler spoke volumes.

I'm not coming over to the dark side by starting to like the guy, I hope at some point he's dominated or KOed, and I'll be dancing a jigg. But DC was the most likely candidate for that to happen... and he never even knocked Jones off his feet.

14. GearSolidMetal

Do you really think Prime Wand or Shogun would have beat the Jones that stepped into the cage tonight?

15. GearSolidMetal

All debate about those subjects were settled in the Gus fight, and definatley his chin tonight.

Some of the uppercuts he ate were the same that KOed Big Foot Silva..

16. GearSolidMetal

There's the delusional haters that discredit his competetion as 'past their prime' or 'he's just been extremely lucky' or whatever BS excuse.

Then there's Jones haters like me that aknowledge his ability, performance, accomplishments, and heart. Yet we dispise him as a person because of his arrogance, unsportmanlike tactics, and complete lack of respect for his competetion even after he's fought them.

17. Katsumi Yamada

Katsumi Yamada Gold Belt

Maybe Shogun. Shogun fell of sooooo hard after his various injuries. Even when he won the title, its very obvious he cant move properly. Compared to his pride days, it looked like he was fighting in 4ft of water.