I'm a diaz fan and...

Have the Diaz bros. figured out how to stop an elite kickboxer from circling around them and peppering point-kicks yet?

What's to stop Conor from doing that if he comes in with significantly better stamina (big IF)?

Makes sense that he'll come in with a customized decision game-plan considering that he tested Nate's chin already and it's solid as fuck.
Conor has not shown to possess the effective muay thai leg kicks to which Nate is susceptible. The ones that RDA and Cerrone (3rd round) used effectively against Nate.

I'm not saying that Conor has no chance to win. I'm saying that this is a tough fight for both guys, but I believe and hope that Nate does it again.

I read Sherdog often and the general populous of this forum talk in absolutes 'Nates gonna destroy McGregor round 1' 'McGregor CLEARLY won round 1' etc etc. Talking in absolutes to cement your opinion on how a fight went or is going to go is ridiculous and stunts what could be good conversation about fighters and fights.

I was a fan of Nick Diaz long before Nate hit headlines. When the McGregor fight was announced against Nate I was like... Damn son this is gonna be good, I couldn't doubt McGregor again. I'd doubted him against Aldo. Nate although a good fighter has some glaring weaknesses to say he doesn't is an understatement. I'm not of the mindset that because Nate won the first he will wreck Conor in the second... and also that Conor who lost the first will make the improvements needed to win the second either.

So sit back and enjoy this hyped fight between two men who naturally should fight in the same weight class (or MAYBE one weight class different certainly not 2).
Get this rational shit out of here

Well played TS.

If I take of my rose-tinted glasses for a second:

I think Nate has no chance of winning the re-match. Lightning won't strike twice for Nate.

A patient Conor means that his output will be less, which allows Nate to apply more pressure. Hitting Nate fewer times is not the answer. Anyone can be KO'd, but Nate has an excellent chin. Also, full camp Nate should be harder to hit. So Conor picking his shots more carefully (i.e., less output) and Nate's better defense (i.e., getting hit less) helps Nate, not Conor.

Anyone can win on a given night (e.g., Bisping vs Rockhold), but I am leaning heavily toward Nate winning the rematch. I want Nate to win.

Go watch some of conor's earlier fights. He is a great counter puncher when he chooses. I think he should let nate come more to him, and counter. He has ko'd guys with one punch counter punches. If he varies his offence and not just try and ko nate with every punch. merely out box him, with speed, timed takedowns, etc...

I agree he will be more patient this time. Hopefully he learned he's not going to one punch diaz. However I think diaz will win a patient fight or a brawl

I think if Conor has the stamina to go 5 rounds and stays off the cage he will win a decision. He needs to focus on his defensive footwork and head movement a lot more as well. He has become far too reliant on being able to walk through punches at FW - hopefully he has learned to respect Nate's straight punches and durability.

Well played TS.

If I take of my rose-tinted glasses for a second:

I think Nate has no chance of winning the re-match. Lightning won't strike twice for Nate.

lol are you suggesting that Nate was lucky in the first fight? What an idiot honestly.

I think Conor beats him this time. i think he will come in with a more patient game plan and wear Diaz down.

If RDA, Benson Henderson and Josh Thompson can beat Diaz, then Conor should be able to.
Wear Diaz down? Diaz bro don't wear down. In fact Connor is the one who has shown to wear out after the first round

Have the Diaz bros. figured out how to stop an elite kickboxer from circling around them and peppering point-kicks yet?

What's to stop Conor from doing that if he comes in with significantly better stamina (big IF)?

Makes sense that he'll come in with a customized decision game-plan considering that he tested Nate's chin already and it's solid as fuck.

I'm guessing Conor not being an elite kickboxer is what will stop him from doing that.

I can only think of one Nate fight against an elite kickboxer of the top of my head, didn't end well for the kickboxer

Conor has not shown to possess the effective muay thai leg kicks to which Nate is susceptible. The ones that RDA and Cerrone (3rd round) used effectively against Nate.

I'm not saying that Conor has no chance to win. I'm saying that this is a tough fight for both guys, but I believe and hope that Nate does it again.

Condit isn't a vicious muay thai leg kicker either but his baby kicks were enough to outpoint Nick.

Condit isn't a vicious muay thai leg kicker either but his baby kicks were enough to outpoint Nick.
Wow baby kicks huh. Stop trolling. I would love to see your reaction to those same baby kicks if they hit you. Remember those kicks knocked GPS down and almost out

Everyone seems to forget Diaz exposed conor with NO fight camp...

Diaz gonna rape him

Go watch some of conor's earlier fights. He is a great counter puncher when he chooses. I think he should let nate come more to him, and counter. He has ko'd guys with one punch counter punches. If he varies his offence and not just try and ko nate with every punch. merely out box him, with speed, timed takedowns, etc...

Yeah, because Connor is gonna outbox Nate..... haha.

Yeah, then those timed takedowns. I'd love for Connor to rely on taking Nate down. Might put an end to this "legit brown belt" rubbish circulating around.

Sorry to break it to you, but if Connor sticks to your gameplan.......he would be better off to just not show up fight night.

Wow baby kicks huh. Stop trolling. I would love to see your reaction to those same baby kicks if they hit you. Remember those kicks knocked GPS down and almost out

...I scored the fight 48-47 for Condit but he was point-fighting... nothing wrong with it- what do you want me to say?

I'm just sayin' that Conor should repeat that gameplan if he manages to come in with good stamina.

Circle, circle, save stomp, circle, distance-creating wheel kick, circle circle, bullshit combo, circle circle, wall n' stall, disengage, baby combo circle circle. rinse and repeat while Diaz mindlessly follows him like a 2-dimensional zombie.

Maybe he is just quoting Nick here? Nick called them "baby-kicks" and said they didn't do shit to him.

...I scored the fight 48-47 for Condit but he was point-fighting... nothing wrong with it- what do you want me to say?

I'm just sayin' that Conor should repeat that gameplan if he manages to come in with good stamina.

Circle, circle, save stomp, circle, distance-creating wheel kick, circle circle, bullshit combo, circle circle, wall n' stall, disengage, baby combo circle circle. rinse and repeat while Diaz mindlessly follows him like a 2-dimensional zombie.
You have some good points posted thanks for breakdown. I just don't think they were baby kicks is all I'm saying

I don't deal in "luck", I deal in fact - he had a 1 in 1,119,000 chance of winning and it happened

hahaha hopefully you are not serious if you are then you are clearly deluded. BTW, how you got those numbers? From your little deluded brain maybe? That's imbecile.

Now if you are less than 22 years old we forgive you.

That's lighting strike probability. Your numbers were about "chance of winning" So once again were or how you got your numbers?
I likened Nate winning to being struck by lightning...not hard to see the parallels there.

Back