Illinois Training?

LPforShort

White Belt
Reaction score
So i'm not sure where to post this, but i would figure i should start here and see where it goes. I'm going to be moving back to Illinois later this year and I'm trying to find a good training site. Currently I'm training in SoCal, and I would like to continue my training back home. I'm having very little luck with recomendations. I'm looking for somewhere in the Chicagoland area, I haven't decided on a town yet, but i'm willing to travel for a great gym. Any help would be appreciated.
(Training centers with websites are a plus)

Gracie Barra in Chicago is pretty good. I've competed against some of their guys and they are the goods. I think there was a very similar thread to this last week. Try searching the forums.

Also, Google works wonders for the internet as well.
#1 in Chicago for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

There have been soooo many chicago jiu jitsu threads done. The consensus seems to be depending on what part of the city you live on.

North Side: New Breed, Curran, Flo/Brasa
City: Valko, Gracie, Rio
West side: Jeff Neal
Southside: Torres, Gilbert Grappling

Overall I'd say that Torres is the best and then New Breed and Curran. But clearly I'm biased.

There have been soooo many chicago jiu jitsu threads done. The consensus seems to be depending on what part of the city you live on.

North Side: New Breed, Curran
City: Valko, Gracie, Rio
Southside: Torres, Jeff Neal

Overall I'd say that Torres is the best and then New Breed and Curran. But clearly I'm biased.

Jeff Curran's place is too far to be considered in Chicago land area. Also, I put Jeff Neal in West Side of the Chicago land area and include Gilbert Grappling to the South and FLO in the North.

New Breed Chicago

we just won the most recent NAGA, its our third NAGA team title. we've also had several pan am champs/medalists. our website has a few team highlights on it if you want to see our jiu jitsu in action, here's one of them

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kZHJLSz-aA&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kZHJLSz-aA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

are you looking for just BJJ/Grappling, or MMA?

Check out Pandagrappling.com

Mondays and Wednesdays we do grappling, tuesdays and thursdays we do MMA

Back