illegal alien voting rights in New York City

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
http://nypost.com/2016/02/22/new-bill-could-give-illegal-aliens-voting-rights-in-new-york-city/

New legislation is being pushed that would give illegal aliens the right to vote in New York City’s 2017 elections for mayor, comptroller, public advocate, borough president and City Council, The Post has learned.

Lewis, whose Black Institute advocates for African and Caribbean immigrants, said such rights should be expanded to cover the mostly minority, undocumented immigrants who work hard, raise families and contribute billions of dollars to the city’s economy.

Billions BILLIONS!

If true, how does the average Sher-Yorker Feel about this?

No taxation without representation.

or

No representation without taxation.

They give a lot of money to charity too, I hear. And lots of volunteer work.

we need to get these people on a payment plan to citizenship!

Phila fucking delphia!!!!!!!!!!

Most fo our Mexicasn are Puerto Rican which means they are legally US citizens anyway.

Guatemalans are probably our #2 Mexicans so they have to apply for citizenship but I know a good amount who are just sending money home to their family.

Leftists are shameless and will do anything to get votes, including allowing illegals to vote. Lol NYC.

I'm outside of the city limits so I'll just shake my head and chalk it up to more retarded ideas by NYC pols.

Make them legal. Or do not let them vote. Not acceptable to let illegals vote.

I think a case can be made for legal foreigners in non-federal elections, but not illegals.

Leftists are shameless and will do anything to get votes, including allowing illegals to vote. Lol NYC.

I'm outside of the city limits so I'll just shake my head and chalk it up to more retarded ideas by NYC pols.
cant imagine living in that area, it has to be a pain in the ass with all the extra taxes and city problems.

so illegals can vote in policy matter but you cant drink a large soda - liberals are a whacky bunch.

Its embarrassing what libs have done to this country.

Arguing that people with no legal right to be in the country should have some say in electing our public officials... WTF.

Would tourists vote as well then? They contribute money to the local economy.

That would be hilarious in a sad way.

so illegals can vote in policy matter but you cant drink a large soda - liberals are a whacky bunch.

There was one NYC politician that was trying to get table salt banned because of heart disease.

NYC liberals are at the vanguard of mindblowingly retarded policies. It's between NYC and Sweden.

Of course people that aren't here legally shouldn't get a vote. That's ridiculous.

Of course people that aren't here legally shouldn't get a vote. That's ridiculous.

Legal, schmegal...I thought leftists said "illegal" was a hateful, racist word to use? "Aren't here legally" is essentially just code for "illegal" then. I believe Comrade Sanders prefers "aspiring Americans."

Legal, schmegal...I thought leftists said "illegal" was a hateful, racist word to use? "Aren't here legally" is essentially just code for "illegal" then. I believe Comrade Sanders prefers "aspiring Americans."[/QUOTE"

"Leftists" aren't one dude with one unified opinion on everything.

Back