"I'll pay for Rose to visit China!" Weili Zhang responds to Namajunas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might as well have been. You're accusing everyone that thinks China is a country under the boot of a tyrannical government of never being there. He also was saying your accusations aren't constructive.. Because they aren't.

I've also been to China and although it's a lovely place to visit I'd never want to live there. Really good friends with someone who lived, and who's relatives live there as well and it is what everyone thinks it is.
Am I? Or am I picking on the most ignorant folks here that have opinions based on nothing? Pretty obvious who has never even left their country here.

I’ve been to China and I know people from there too. It’s not at all like the most ignorant opinions here but it’s not perfect either. I never disputed the freedom of speech claim but no one forces you on a “guided” tour. No one tells you what to say, either, just what not to say. It’s much more like working at a company that has rules against bad mouthing them on social media.

Weili Zhang can freely move about her country, she can do what she wants with her career and no one tells her what to say. Statements contrary to this are ignorant.

Not that far off from most big countries. True, our slavery is practiced by corporations more than gov'ts but the money greases both's palms. And our choice of meat is offensive to Hindus more than to Americans for example.

It's meat. Just like cow and chicken. I don't eat dog and it stinks enough that I never would. But I do eat beef and Hindus might be shuddering about that in some places just like we do about others eating dog.

I'm not sure you drew any huge distinctions between the sins of America vs China in what you wrote. And I hate communism, btw.

India is the World's largest exporter of beef with those companies being owned by Hindus so...

I been to China before. In big cities, it is similar to places like NYC but you notice the police state you are unfamiliar with first. They don't hide it as well in America and it's in your face over there. It's really apples and oranges.

America has many dark spots in our history but we are somewhat comfortable with it. We see things differently in Xinjiang. We see it as oppression of a people and human rights violation. We still have Uighurs in Gitmo and we are super close allies with Israelis and Saudis who aren't exactly the champions of human rights. China sees it as fighting terrorism and trade school to provide jobs as alternative to joining terror groups.

I went to China a decade ago, have never once thought of going back.

Let me guess, you’ve never been to China. No need? Why would you go other places? Merica is the best place in the world?
Japan, learn the language and go there. You will never want to return home.

I'll come visit In China!

India is the World's largest exporter of beef with those companies being owned by Hindus so...
And many Hindus don't eat beef. If your point is that some ppl are hypocrites for money, I 100% agree. We are human beings. This doesn't negate the fact that to many ppl in India (not all) find eating cow to be sacrilegious.

Also, I'm not sure of your assertion that all (most?) of those companies are owned by Hindus to begin with. It could be Moslems, Christians, maybe even Buddhists, but all of that is a side argument anyway.

My point was that on the question of "good meats to eat" westerners don't include dog whereas some Asians do. But almost all cultures eat some meat other cultures find repulsive or even "wrong". These are what you would call "basic facts", no?

When this fight was announced, I did not expect to be rooting this hard for Zhang by fight week as I do like Rose. But she's just turned me off with her trying to equate Zhang to being a bad person just because she's from China.

It's not like Zhang is out pushing any propoganda for her government. She's just not openly critizing them because she doesn't want to get disappeared when she returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back