Ill be in thailand for 2 months and have whittled it down to a few camps.Input needed

How much would you roughly need if you are there for 2 months?

This is my friend's blog. He's currently in Chiang Mai training at Team Quest Chiang Mai and updates his blog regularly. If you have any specific questions you can just ask him on his blog. He's usually pretty good at responding and pretty informative. He's been living and training in Thailand since 2008. Given this blog post about costs of training is 2yrs old, it should give you an idea of what the general range of costs are:

http://www.myfightcamp.com/2011/06/actual-monthly-living-costs-training.html

This is my friend's blog. He's currently in Chiang Mai training at Team Quest Chiang Mai and updates his blog regularly. If you have any specific questions you can just ask him on his blog. He's usually pretty good at responding and pretty informative. He's been living and training in Thailand since 2008. Given this blog post about costs of training is 2yrs old, it should give you an idea of what the general range of costs are:

http://www.myfightcamp.com/2011/06/actual-monthly-living-costs-training.html

thanks

How much would you roughly need if you are there for 2 months?

All depends. Thailand can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be.
I live here and spend about 800-1300 dollars per month.
If you're a first time visitor though, and on holiday, you'll probably spend more doing tourist stuff, partying and shopping.

Just go hit some gyms and see which one you like, no need to over think it.

Just go hit some gyms and see which one you like, no need to over think it.

That could be potentially troublesome if the TS isn't familiar with the area and doesn't have lodging/transportation squared away yet... Thailand can be a very foreign place for first-timers.

What do you plan on doing there? Just muay thai or some tourist stuff too?

mainly muay thai and I would like to get massages. i would like to do tourist stuff as well but I'm not into the whole club scene

All depends. Thailand can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be.
I live here and spend about 800-1300 dollars per month.
If you're a first time visitor though, and on holiday, you'll probably spend more doing tourist stuff, partying and shopping.

Thanks

mainly muay thai and I would like to get massages. i would like to do tourist stuff as well but I'm not into the whole club scene

well...thats going to depend on what sort of "massages" you want my friend...

I heard they hurt but are they that bad?

Depends who's doing it. Don't get me wrong, the more they hurt the better :icon_lol:
I find, in general it's more painful in Bangkok, they use a different style than phuket. You'll enjoy it. If for any reason you can't handle the pain, just tell them to go easy or go for the less painful oil massage at 300b in phuket. They didn't do oil massage in the BigC in bangkok where I went for mine.
In Phuket I normally did one hour Thai followed by one hour oil.

I feel like you guys missed my joke...I was talking about happy endings and crap like that...

Depends who's doing it. Don't get me wrong, the more they hurt the better :icon_lol:
I find, in general it's more painful in Bangkok, they use a different style than phuket. You'll enjoy it. If for any reason you can't handle the pain, just tell them to go easy or go for the less painful oil massage at 300b in phuket. They didn't do oil massage in the BigC in bangkok where I went for mine.
In Phuket I normally did one hour Thai followed by one hour oil.

I'm looking forward to the pain:icon_lol:

I've never had a painful massage in Bangkok. It's a little extra than most of your smaller shops, but I can't recommend Healthland Asoke enough.

The massages I did in Khaosan road weren't brutal and were OK.

I feel like you guys missed my joke...I was talking about happy endings and crap like that...

lol I never missed it, I went around it.

I'm not really into happy endings. I get pussy for free lol

Last edited:
The only time there is pain. Is when i am very sore after a lot of training.

Back