Ilhan Omar calls for dismantling US economic and political system

Ilhan Omar attacked the "systems of oppression", anybody who interprets that as tearing down America itself is telling on themselves.
She conveniently didn't specify any. Enlighten us, which systems are "oppressing" you.

So is your argument that every single person who says "defund the police" means abolish the police? Part of the problem that BLM and other movements have is that there isn't a single unified platform because its a fluid movement without leadership. My understanding is that the majority of the folks calling for defunding the police DO NOT literally mean abolish the police although a minority of them clearly are advocating for that.

No it is not my argument. It is the argument of the New York Times (a liberal publication) article written by Mariame Kaba, a left wing activist against criminalization.

Your quote proves absolutely nothing. Her point was not about 9/11, it was about the overreaction to 9/11. She could have been more eloquent but her words are clearly being twisted. As the famous quote goes "we don't see things as they are, we see things as we are". Conservatives who are predisposed to hating her are basically reading bad intentions into everything she says. BTW i think the same applies to Trump, some of what he says gets overreacted to because liberals read into it too much.

Purposefully omitting who performed the act and what it was in order to emphasize the reaction against said people who performed said act is by definition downplaying the act. You can try to put this on conservatives and forgive your girl all you want, the quote is right there for all to see.

Last edited:
No it is not my argument. It is the argument of the New York Times (a liberal publication) article written by Mariame Kaba, a left wing activist against criminalization.

Purposefully omitting who performed the act and what it was in order to emphasize the reaction against said people who performed said act is by definition downplaying the act. You can try to put this on conservatives and forgive your girl all you want, the quote is right there for all to see.

1. An opinion piece by ONE person does not constitute the argument of either the NY Times or the entire left wing. You're either arguing in bad faith or you're not bright enough to understand that simple concept.

2. Claiming that llhan Omar *intentionally* ommitted who performed 9/11 would require you to be a mind reader, since it speaks to her intentions. Clearly a bad faith argument. I responded to you because there was a chance of constructive dialog but you've demonstrated that you are just a right wing ideologue. Will not be responding further because it would be like talking to wall.

It’s seems odd to say she “conveniently didn’t specify any” when the clip in the OP is like 30 seconds long. Here’s the full transcript of the press conference.
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/ilhan-omar-press-conference-transcript-on-systemic-racism
Ah I see, so the systems of oppression are the systems that work for everybody except for those that can't behave, convenient. Pro tip: that's not oppression.
Seems like the comments here are on point about her being a subversive 5th column in American government.

1. An opinion piece by ONE person does not constitute the argument of either the NY Times or the entire left wing.

Correct. And you, like the person in the NY times article, are one person.

You're either arguing in bad faith or you're not bright enough to understand that simple concept.

I'm not arguing in bad faith, because I am not arguing. YOU are arguing with the NY times and their author, as well as the members of the left wing who agree with her. All I'm doing is deciding who I should believe: either the prestigious NY newspaper and an active left wing community leader, or some shlub on sherdog. Guess who's winning?

2. Claiming that llhan Omar *intentionally* ommitted who performed 9/11 would require you to be a mind reader, since it speaks to her intentions.

False. She has had every opportunity to correct her statement and did not do so, which makes her intentions quite clear.

Clearly a bad faith argument. I responded to you because there was a chance of constructive dialog but you've demonstrated that you are just a right wing ideologue. Will not be responding further because it would be like talking to wall.

Rofl you literally lost an argument against yourself dude.

Holy fuck this lady is the ultimate jimmy-rustler. Gives some vague statements and people just roll out of the woodwork completely unhinged interpreting the statements in whatever way maximizes their own rustledness.

There's not enough of these smileys in the world for her.{<jimmies}
She’s an unproductive member of congress who hates America. People just lack respect for her, her intellect and her character. It’s not a big deal as much as you might want it to be.

Ah I see, so the systems of oppression are the systems that work for everybody except for those that can't behave, convenient. Pro tip: that's not oppression.
Seems like the comments here are on point about her being a subversive 5th column in American government.
Is your “pro tip” and response above directed to the thread in general, or to me? All I did was supply you with information, since you were criticizing Omar for not going into detail in a video that someone chopped into a sound bite, which is a pretty silly criticism, isn’t it?
But since you gave your opinion, I’ll give mine. I have no idea what your statement, “the systems of oppression are the systems that work for everybody except for those that can't behave” is supposed to mean. Omar lists many issues which have disparity along racial lines: percentages covered by health insurance, making up a disproportionate share of low wage essential workers, people of color being more likely to face eviction, etc. Here’s an important point:
Disparity does not always equal oppression.
However, some things have been shown to have a racial component. Here’s a Harvard study on discrimination in evictions, for example.
https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/mdesmond/files/greenberg_et_al._.pdf
I do think we owe it to ourselves as a society to examine these issues, and if there is racial inequality, we should work to eliminate it. Would you agree or disagree with that statement?

you mean where blacks get preferrential treatment for jobs and college with affirmative action? Yeah that’s systematic racism

I was quoting what the article that was used to attack her for the state of things in her district says. If youd like to complain about how bad white people have things compared to black people, start your own thread.

I've never doubted she's of the ilk that want to 'dismantling the US economic and political system,' but I'm surprised she'd be so stupid to actually say it.

Further evidence our politicians widely don't honor their oath to support and defend the US Constitution.

She's a communist to the bone that hates the country she's sworn to protect.

If she's reelected, I'll lose all respect I had for the people of Minnesota.
There is a good reason why Minneapolis is such a terrible place. Those are the people that elected Omar. And Minneapolis is in shambles for a reason.
I like how the progressive Marxists itt are downplaying Omar with this as if she's never said anything radical or anti-American before.
Her latest statement shows her Marxism. Her goal is to rile up the percieved "victim class." This is what unAmerican Marxists do. We've seen her long enough to know her motives.

She wants to "dismantle this system of oppression wherever we find it"- Omar

That is code for reparations, affirmative action, defund law enforcement, promote hate crime legislation.....

Last edited:
Lolwut? Usually when someone verbally bashes a country, its economic system, political system, its borders, its laws, its history, at least half its people, and wants it all "dismantled", it's not because they think highly of the place.

I don't dislike Ilhan Omar, I just think everything about her should be completely dismantled and replaced with someone else. I also like BLM, as long as its foundation, its history, its leadership, its philosophy and its practices are completely dismantled and replaced with opposing ideals, values and practices.

<mma2>
Just because Omar criticizes America and wants to change it for the better that doesn't mean she hates America. Trump ran on make America great AGAN. (Meaning it's not great right now) Does that mean that Trump hates America according to your logic?

Keep campaigning for Trump, Ms(or is it Mrs?) Omar.

There are so many people like this on the left now. I wonder, are they just that dumb that they don't realise they help their opposition, or are they secretly working for the other side?

Interesting that rather than "fixing" perceived problems in existing systems her call is to just destroy them all and build them back up in some image she apparently believes is superior. Wonder if that represents the feelings of every one of her constituents?

Just because Omar criticizes America and wants to change it for the better that doesn't mean she hates America. Trump ran on make America great AGAN. (Meaning it's not great right now) Does that mean that Trump hates America according to your logic?
And I just criticize BLM and marxism, and want to change them for the better by dismantling every aspect of them and calling them bigots, then change their website and all their literature to feature the 100 million death toll and dire poverty of the previous marxist regimes. Doesn't mean I don't like them. Do you think they'd want me as one of their leaders?

Back