Ildemar Alcantara replaces Roger Hollett against Prado

That guy I don't know is replacing that guy I barely know.

Sucks for Prado. This has got to be a tougher fight just because I can't imagine the UFC signing a worse fighter than Hollett.

very happy to see Alcantara in the ufc, he should drop to middleweight win or lose

Since when has Prado been a huge lhw?

sweet! Alcantara is a pretty big prospect imo. And is this fight at MW or LHW? Prado doesn't seem like a huge LHW to me.

He is a bigger than quite a few LHWs. Hulking Prado:

61473_444755885586272_1832519962_n.jpg

That guy I don't know is replacing that guy I barely know.

Alcantara is a pretty good prospect, the fight isnt bad just because you dont follow prospects.

Prado and Alcantara are solid prospects.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...-prado-meets-ildemar-alcantara-at-ufc-on-fx-7

This isn't going to be pretty. Ildemar (and yes, he's Yuri's brother) is a great fighter, but he's a middleweight while Prado is huge for 205.

LOL @ Prado being huge for 205, he was significantly smaller than Phil Davis.

I'm sure someone will post a picture of him having big muscles, but anyone with a brain knows that it is your frame that is the deciding factor in where you fit in a division.

Roger and Prado have 185 lbs. in their future.

Alcantara is a pretty good prospect, the fight isnt bad just because you dont follow prospects.

Prado and Alcantara are solid prospects.

Never said the fight would be bad.

He has a lost to Marcelo Guimares who looked horrible in his debut. That doesn't exactly breed confidence. But fighters do improve though so I'm looking forwards to watching his debut and seeing how he does when he goes back to middleweight.

LOL @ Prado being huge for 205, he was significantly smaller than Phil Davis.

I'm sure someone will post a picture of him having big muscles, but anyone with a brain knows that it is your frame that is the deciding factor in where you fit in a division.

Roger and Prado have 185 lbs. in their future.

Well, he's bigger than Rashad, Shogun, Machida, Hendo to name a few top LHWs if we're just taking about size. Never said he was huge, though.

Alcantara is better suited for 185, as is Prado in actuality with his height.

Prado still shown good performances at this weight before the Davis fight and I still believe he could beat a fair amount of Light Heavyweights, as the Davis fight was a bad match for him.

Well, he's bigger than Rashad, Shogun, Machida, Hendo to name a few top LHWs if we're just taking about size. Never said he was huge, though.

Yeah, and if those guys had the skills of Wagner, they'd fight at 185 lbs.

Yeah, and if those guys had the skills of Wagner, they'd fight at 185 lbs.

Haha, maybe yes, you're probably right. To be honest, though, I don't think dropping in weight class would necessarily help his career. There's some interesting match ups for him at LHW, he could be in some exciting fights basically against strikers but, yes, until he develops stronger wrestling, TDD and ground game overall he will remain to be far from a threat.

Haha, maybe yes, you're probably right. To be honest, though, I don't think dropping in weight class would necessarily help his career. There's some interesting match ups for him at LHW, he could be in some exciting fights basically against strikers but, yes, until he develops stronger wrestling, TDD and ground game overall he will remain to be far from a threat.

I could see him having more success at 185 lbs. where he would be a bit more physically suited, kind of like Tim Boetsch - not overly skilled, but moving down a weight division can give you the size advantage needed to tip the scales in your favour.

Guys like Rashad, Shogun, Machida, Hendo,etc. can get away with fighting at high levels at 205 lbs. despite being some of the smaller guy in the division because they are excellent fighters.

Also, as a disclaimer, I'm not saying he needs to drop roght now, you're right, there are still some good fights for him at 205 lbs. still. I am just saying that if the going gets tough, it is always a possiblity.

Hollett will definitely need to drop though. I've met the guy and I'd be surprised if he was even 5'10.

Back