Media Ikram Aliskerov talks about taking the Whittaker fight: "He probably watched my fight Chimaev one million times"

Sympathetic fella. Even tho he get KOed cold by Chimmy he still says The Chimster would win vs Whittaker and showed some very sincere looking concern for Khamzats well-being and hopes he can get back on the horse to "make us all happy"

Very nice.

Also, props to him he stepped on short notice against an opponent who was slated to fight the guy that KO’d him

Chimaev must be a lil salty rn

I haven’t been too impressed by Ikram in his UFC fights. Maybe there’s more to Ikram than I have seen, but I don’t consider him on Bobby’s level.

I dont know how he will do, but props to him for taking this fight. Good opportunity against a top contender. If he loses, its not the end of the world. If he wins, opens up the possibility of a TS. Shout out to Bobby for accepting as well. Even if they both are well conditioned from training camp, it is still a big challenge to prepare for a new opponent on short notice.

I haven’t been too impressed by Ikram in his UFC fights. Maybe there’s more to Ikram than I have seen, but I don’t consider him on Bobby’s level.
Wut? He destroyed his opponents in the ufc so far. The real criticism is being too easy

Wut? He destroyed his opponents in the ufc so far. The real criticism is being too easy

He did destroy Hawes who is 1-4 in his last 5 fights (all those losses being by KO), and Alves who is 2-6 in his last 8 fights. I just don’t think he looked elusive or fast, nor did I think he looked defensively sound IIRC. It’s quite a step up to Bobby from the guys he has fought.

Ikram is a G for stepping up on short notice to fight a great fighter like Rob.
but i dunno, Rob's got a whole ton of experience in his favor. im not sure Ikram will be able to handle it. but even if he loses, ill still be a fan. both his fights in the UFC so far were great

He did destroy Hawes who is 1-4 in his last 5 fights (all those losses being by KO), and Alves who is 2-6 in his last 8 fights. I just don’t think he looked elusive or fast, nor did I think he looked defensively sound IIRC. It’s quite a step up to Bobby from the guys he has fought.
Hawes was handling him until his sugarglass chin failed him as usual.

Hawes would be a top talent if he was remotely durable though.

Back