Igor Vovchanchyn

Austinus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy has the most impresive fighting record i have ever seen. old school mma GOAT.

Kickboxing record
Total 63
Wins 61
By knockout 48
Losses 2

Mixed martial arts record
Total
Wins 59
By knockout 41
By submission 10
By decision 8
Losses 10
By knockout 1
By submission 6
By decision 3
Draws 1
No contests 1

igor-vovchanchyn-ko-o.gif

Every time we have an Igor love thread an angel gets its wings.
He was always one of my favorites in Pride.
How can any fight fan not like a fighter who literally punched faces harder than his fists could handle?
Ultimate hespect.

I was looking through a bunch of my old Black Belt magazines last week and found a rare interview with him (not long after the NC with Mark Kerr.)

Legend verily

Before he lost to Coleman in the GP final he was on a 37-fight winning-streak. He's one of the HW goats whose legacy would've been different if PRIDE had a HW strap during its first 4 years.

Where the hell is his sister, Inga? Where you at, @IngaVovchanchyn? Where you at, Motherfucker?

Igor is for sure a legend.

Competition wasn't as stiff back then, though. Different time.

Every time we have an Igor love thread an angel gets its wings.
He was always one of my favorites in Pride.
How can any fight fan not like a fighter who literally punched faces harder than his fists could handle?
Ultimate hespect.

+1....Igor is the man. A true prizefighter.

Before he lost to Coleman in the GP final he was on a 37-fight winning-streak. He's one of the HW goats whose legacy would've been different if PRIDE had a HW strap during its first 4 years.

Where the hell is his sister, Inga? Where you at, @IngaVovchanchyn? Where you at, Motherfucker?
Wait is that real? Igor's sister is an MMA fan that posts prolifically on sherdog?

War "The Ukraine Freight Train" "Ice Cold" Igor Vovchanchyn!!!

Between kickboxing and MMA he's recorded 89 KO's. Damn.

Can't help but wonder how many fights (if any) are not on his official record. That wasn't all that uncommon in the mid 90s.

Speaking for myself, i would consider him one of the best fighters MMA/NHB in my 23 years of watching. His power is stuff of legend. He is also the only fighter in history to win 8 one day tournaments out of 11. Including one of the most impressive feats of strength and skill in beating 3 men who outweighed him by 50+ pounds each in one single night where he defeated Fred Floyd (6'4'' 380lbs), Paul Varelans (6'8'' 300lbs) and John Dixon (6'0'' 275lbs) at IFC 1: Kombat in Kiev. Not to mention a skilled and successful kickbxoer with a 61-2 record to go along with a 59-10 record in NHB/MMA. To not mention him when discussing the history of this great sport is to commit blasphemy.

2016 join date telling is about Igor's greatness...

tumblr_m2fdyqg2AX1rpzt3uo1_500.gif

Absolute legend. From back in the day where he used to just turn up, have no idea whatsoever who he would be fighting, fight 3 or 4 guys who usually outweighed him by 50 odd lbs in one night, knock them all out and got paid peanuts for the privelidge (if at all).
Really puts the modern era of injury cancellations and moaning about fighter pay into perspective. They don't make 'em like him anymore...

Igor was awesome and doesn't have too much cock...not a cock guy....

Most of the kids in here have nevery even seen GSP in real time. But I see this thread about once every couple of months. If that's what it takes to keep somebody even remotely relevant.

Why do you bother ?

Back