Ige has championship level striking

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's be honest. If Ige's grappling skills were somewhat improved, Bektic would've gone to sleep last night.

FW is a striker's division. What I saw on the feet last night was a striking clinic, and I don't think saying that he could hang out with Holloway, Volkanovski, Rodriguez, and KZ on the feet is too much of a stretch. Dude was fast af. Give him the loser of Stephens/Kattar, and watch the killer rise. I'll admit though that his ground game needs some work, but the dude's 28. He can get it done.

Anyone think I'm out of my tree?

Wouldn't call it championship-level, Bektic is not that good. Ige WAS very fast though.

Not out of your tree at all, I was impressed as fucking hell with his stand up.

Needs to really work on those grappling holes. He made a new fan in me last night though.

I was also really impressed, however his TDD needs a lot of work.

Ige is legit and a sleeper in the division. His hands were super quick even in the 3rd round.

Bektic has the same problems he’s always had. He looks like he suffers from anxiety and panics attacks. You can see it when he fights. He’s tensed you and flexing his muscles way too hard and gases out by the 2nd round of every fight he’s ever been in. He just can’t relax in there.

His GnP and counter-wrestling is top notch and some of the best in MMA but that’s pretty much all he’s got in his pocket.

Dan Ige is a warrior and is a scrap yard dog. He’s very well rounded and has worked a lot on his boxing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back