IFMA World Championships

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Bang Rachan, May 26, 2014.

1. Bang Rachan

Bang Rachan Brown Belt

Here are some of the final fights in Malaysia. I'm guessing the uploader will be uploading other fights soon.

[YT]KwdAtpXnM-M[/YT]

[YT]GLH6OrK-u1Y[/YT]

[YT]Qqb2olcrhHc[/YT]

I want to see Kulebin since he got boxer of the tournament

2. nakmuayw

nakmuayw Orange Belt

I'd like to see Tongchais final again, KO via knees to the head(?). Anyways the belarus guy got clinchraped, it was beautiful...

I kinda saw a thai who reeaally looked like Tongchai but couldn't be as stadium ranked thais aren't allowed in amateur, surprise surprise it was indeed him

3. Bang Rachan

Bang Rachan Brown Belt

What weight did he compete in?

4. Muay o Muay

Muay o Muay Purple Belt

IFMA's ah yes thats where Levin beat all those dutch fighters with all his boxing the americans taught him isnt it Wayne!

5. Brocktirement**

Brocktirement** Banned Banned

well to be fair, he did beat Dutch fighters in ifma

but they were lower tier fighters, it's amateur fights and the top dogs wil never compete in it

6. nakmuayw

nakmuayw Orange Belt

Well actually when I think about it he competed in the 71kg class, whereas his lumpinee titel is at 140?

Same thing with Kem 2 years ago in St Petersburg championships, he also competed in 71kgs, where they're probably not even ranked?

7. nakmuayw

nakmuayw Orange Belt

Ofc not all the top dogs, although there are usually quite a few fighters that are actually top class, and gets beaten (under amateur rules I'm aware, but still) like Arthur Kyshenko(used to atleast) Andrei Kulebin, Kem and Tongchai sitsongpeenong, Vitaly Gurkov and so on

8. Bang Rachan

Bang Rachan Brown Belt

Actually thinking about it he has beat Sahak, Groenhart and WIlnis with ease (Dutch). He lost against Schilling and drew with Marcus (North Americans). They are more used to seeing his slick style so know how to counter it.

Oh that makes sense now. I was looking for him at 63.5 and 67 but couldn't see him there. Just saw he used his real name in the games.

Some of those guys are real good. The Eastern Europeans usually have quite a lot of fights under their belt as well and do quite good. I guess that's why they have the B Class for the IFMA's as well.

One of Tongchais fights here

[YT]TYQr-9mz73o[/YT]

9. Cocakillbana

Cocakillbana Black Belt

Lol at the guy punching Thongchai in the nuts.

Established pros shouldn't be doing this shit.

10. Muay o Muay

Muay o Muay Purple Belt

I dont quite buy that, levin didnt fight clever against marcus and let him clinch, i dont see marcus winning under glory rules. Schilling got lucky and again a rematch would be different, i dont see it as being because they were used to his style at all.

11. Bang Rachan

Bang Rachan Brown Belt

I'm just messing around, the knockdown shouldn't have been a knockdown in the extra round. I want Levin to smash him in the rematch. I have no clue how Marcus will do under glory rules, I haven't seen him fight simialr rules before.

12. boneclutcher

boneclutcher Orange Belt

I thought the criteria for not being able to compete in IFMA amateur championships are being ranked in the top 10 of either Raja or Lumpinee,or holding a World title of a major Governing body. The latter rule is clearly not in effect as even WMC World Champions enter on a regular.