If you're the UFC, what's the best use of your stars?

Malthian

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's pretty clear that both Rousey and Conor aren't going to be on the same card any time soon. I also think they draw different demographics.

Given the different fan bases, which fighters would benefit the most by being on a Conor card? Which ones would benefit the most from being on a Rousey card? Which ones are most likely to convert casual/event fans into the longer term fans?

For example, I think Weidman/Rockhold are ideal on a Rousey card. Both appear to be clean cut guys. Weidman is a family man, they're both fluent in english and seem relatively trouble free. The Weidman embedded with him spending time with his family and taking his kids to games is going to play well with a lot of casuals. Maybe even fighters like Dodson who has a quick sense of humor and is generally likable as a personality.

I think on a Conor card you probably want more of the "flashy" fighters or maybe even the "just bleed" fighters. Rock em, sock em fighters like Wand would do well. Striker vs grappler matches where the grappler uses a lot of GnP versus LnP.

Anyway, just tossing out some thoughts. Ideas?

Weidman/Rockhold should main event a card. The UFC will probably have their stars headline weaker cards.

Have them all tweet congratulations and praise about Ronda Rousey every 12 hours.

Weidman/Rockhold should main event a card.

I agree but if they didn't fight at UFC 194 they would probably have to wait until Super Bowl weekend before they would main event.

Unknown(by casual fans) Highlight reel KO potential fighters should be on the Aldo-McGregor card

Weidman is fragile, Aldo is fishy. If any fighter pulls out/gets injured there's another high profile fight that might save the ratings and cease the fans from going batshit.

Dec 12th is 4 months away.

Unknown(by casual fans) Highlight reel KO potential fighters should be on the Aldo-McGregor card

It really REALLY should be an undercard filled with guys who you say "well maybe one day that guy can be a star!" because McGregor/Aldo and Weidman/Rockhold are in all likelihood going to bring in a massive amount of non-hardcore fans.

Maybe on the Rousey card, you want the strawweight title fight as co-main event (not sure about Joanna's recovery schedule).

I would cut Ronda and Conor. They are useless for company. They only make ufc look bad and dont bring any revenue.

They should have Mousasi on the co main event for a Ronda event

Back