If You're Rooting For Khabib Against Conor, why?

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im surr these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conman all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.
What's there to hate about a plumber living off social welfare who had nothing but a dream. This is prize fighting, he took it to the next level and became a multimillionaire. It's a pretty inspiring story. Besides, if he wasn't a genuinely good person, do you really think that his gf would've stood by him back when they had nothing? Grantly, money can change a person and I personally don't approve of his recent actions, but people have done much worse stuff. Talking about his fanbase - yes, most are casual, ignorant and obnoxious but you're being disrespectful to those who aren't.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?
Khabib is a fighter.
Conor is a guy who can fight but don't care about being a fighter.

Khabib wants to prove he is the best.
Conor wants to get paid.

Khabib respects MMA
Conor does not care about it.

One wants to be known as the best fighter in the world.
One wants to make money.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?
Holy shit, everyone is allowed to root for whoever they want, idiot.

only incels and general losers at life root against Conor.

mostly losers are nuthugging mcgregor because they think when they nuthugg on mcgregor they get successfull and rich as well. weak personality, so they root for the guy with the most money.

the king and farmer effect. the farmers are the nuthuggers.

I don't 100% get MMA fans. Like @fortheo said, I am in general more interested in Grappling in MMA than I am the striking (with MMA gloves).
More often than Not, I root for the grappler over the striker in contests where you have this diametrically opposing style matchup.

If I wan't to see crisp boxing, I DO. Floyd showed what real hands do when he fought McGregor.

All of those guys you listed are good on the mic, just not trash talkers. I never said anything about being a trash talker, but Khabib's interactions with media are terrible. He doesn't use the the press to interest me in any of his fights, he doesn't get me invested, he has nothing of value to say, but he sure tries to trash talk: "send me location, I'm going to smash chicken" it's cringer than Colby Covington.

UnnaturalGratefulAntelope-size_restricted.gif

You basically begged for that gif.

Wanna see Khabib vs Tony for the belt, Conor will just be stripped again and start talking shit on twitter for two years if he wins.

I want Conor to win because I want to see how inflamed of an baboon’s anus this site can become

Because McGregor is overrated and annoying. Not really a Khabib fan.

I never said they couldn't, I just asked why? I'm not allowed to ask people's motivations to gain perspective?

You seriously Don't like how khabib is during media and interviews? He's unintentionally deadpan comedic gold

Nurmagomedov: Why you didn’t show up in 2016? You eat tiramisu, too?

Ferguson: No, I have blood in my lungs.

Nurmagomedov: Hey, listen, tiramisu is much better than blood

Nurmagomedov: I can ask Reebok to give you contract, if you want.

Ferguson: Nah, go ahead. I don’t need that (expletive). I’ll wear it on game day.

Nurmagomedov: It’s a very good deal. Hey, they make very good shoes now. What size do you have? I can order for you. They can make you shoes, put ‘interim lightweight champ Tony Ferguson.’ You want this?

I bet you all read that in khabib and tonys voices.

Also, how dare you say losing to Nate Diaz is a black stain lmao. He trains stand up with pro boxers, is a legit bjj black belt and has elite a level athlete cardio, won tuf and fought for a title. Don't try to discredit him.

Hahaha come on, everybody knows Nate is mediocre. He lost every big fight he ever had except Conor. And Conor barely winning the rematch is even more shameful. Diaz will always be a black stain on Conor. And yeah come back when Khabib loses, right now he looks unstoppable and after he mops the floor with Conor, people are going to see he is just on another fucking level. The rise of the true GOAT begins very soon and the real danger that stands in his way is Fergusson.

You seriously Don't like how khabib is during media and interviews? He's unintentionally deadpan comedic gold

Nurmagomedov: Why you didn’t show up in 2016? You eat tiramisu, too?

Ferguson: No, I have blood in my lungs.

Nurmagomedov: Hey, listen, tiramisu is much better than blood

Nurmagomedov: I can ask Reebok to give you contract, if you want.

Ferguson: Nah, go ahead. I don’t need that (expletive). I’ll wear it on game day.

Nurmagomedov: It’s a very good deal. Hey, they make very good shoes now. What size do you have? I can order for you. They can make you shoes, put ‘interim lightweight champ Tony Ferguson.’ You want this?

I bet you all read that in khabib and tonys voices.
Khabib is hilarious, I love his broken English

Threads like these are a major reason for sure.

I never said they couldn't, I just asked why? I'm not allowed to ask people's motivations to gain perspective?
Seems a bit odd why you felt the need to ask why. What's wrong with others having tastes and preferences different from your own?

Why people support Khabib? Cause they muslims. Dont even try and skirt around the obvious. He is their fighting prophet.

An Irishman or a Muslim, there is only one legit choice to root for - The elusive double KO.

Came in to post something similar to this. Khabib wins and we have a good chanse of getting some order back to the division.
Because mcnuggets needs to be humbled with a beating. He's been too arrogant since he came to the ufc and now he'll leave the cage a broken man. Physically and mentally.

Back