If You're Rooting For Khabib Against Conor, why?

Conor will knock him dead. Khabib has dogshit striking and Conor will survive on the ground if it even gets there.

To be honest, Khabib's white skin and Caucasian features almost make me forget that he's a Muslim. As the grandson of an Irish immigrant, I really should root for Conor, but he's a bit of a C U Next Tuesday, and his fans even more so, so...

Slight sarcasm on my part. Just ever so slightly. :D

Irish people are genetically similar to Iberians and some Irish are even similar to Middle Eastern peoples.

he's not very good on the mic
You casuals need to understand MMA isn’t pro wrestling,

NOT GOOD ON THE MIC:

RUMBLE GUS STIPE TRTVITOR ANDERSON GSP

The list could go on forever

Because I have never despised anyone to the level I despise Conor McGregor.

Irish people are genetically similar to Iberians and some Irish are even similar to Middle Eastern peoples.
Not really. There are "black Irish" with darker features who are believed to have Iberian or Plig (Romans who colonized the British Isles) admixture, but genetically, the Irish match up more with Icelandic people, Scandinavians and people from other Celtic populations and other parts of the British Isles.

Because I want the LW division to stay active and not be locked down for another 2 years.

I dislike Conor but dislike Khabib even more.
And Conor is 10x times more fun to watch.

Only a noob wouldn't understand why people are fans of a fighter that is on his way to becoming GOAT. Fucking 26-0 and these morons cant see beyond Conor's nuts.

199de3.gif

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im surr these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conman all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.

you must be real fun at parties..

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im surr these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conman all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.
Hahahahahahaa

200.gif

You mention that Khabib pulls out of fights, and while this has happened from time to time, at least he signs for them in the first place. As others have mentioned, if Nurmagomedov wins, the division moves forward, if McGregor wins, the division stagnates again.
On a less important note. If McGregor wins, Sherdog will be intolerable for months.

Only a noob wouldn't understand why people are fans of a fighter that is on his way to becoming GOAT. Fucking 26-0 and these morons cant see beyond Conor's nuts.

Slow down..He has not even defended his belt once and won his belt in a dubious match against a part time realtor..

Because Conor has triggered so many. Repressed memories from when they were bullied at school.

Or

inability to differentiate between the persona that Conor projects to make money vs. the real conor.

In khabib you have a fighter that misses weight, is injured all the time, babbles about religion, agrees with animal cruelty, ties to criminals that commit violence/theft/murder.

With Conor you have a fighter that never pulls out of fights, fights when injured, stiffens people, makes press-conferences exciting instead of "let the best man win" or "i'd like to thank god", petitioned for gay marriage in ireland (that's helping people and advocating for equality), gives up a heap of time to visit children in hospitals, and has helped improve fighter pay across MMA (you're welcome Nate - before Conor you were a 20k/20k fighter).

Nothing I've said is a lie. The fact people can't weight up all the variables is quite sad really.

Only a nuthugger can't understand
1) Why somebody would root against Conor.
2) Why somebody would root for Khabib.

Only nuthuggers can't understand that it goes both ways.

Because Conor represents a shitshow. Outside of being popular, he has slowed down the LW-division significantly

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor.
I didn't care about McGregor when he was moving up through the Featherweight division. I didn't care about McGregor when he became the Featherweight champion. I still don't care about McGregor, but if him losing would silence the horde of casual McGregor fans, then I'd cheer for Nurmagomedov.

I pretty much felt the same way about Rousey during her run.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?

I find his trash talk repetitive, fans irritating and dislike what he represents and how he influenced the big drama show bullshit entertainment era.

Back