If You're Rooting For Khabib Against Conor, why?

Im sure alot of people want him to win so the division can continue to move on. If conor wins and decides not to fight for a long time again or fight GSP then there will be tony ferguson, winner of diaz/poirier, and kevin lee all waiting as legitimate title threats who most likely wont get shot. This division has turned into straight up game of thrones with all of the fighters with title or title shot claims

Go outside? In 4 years you have nearly as much of a post count as I do. You go outside, kid.

I said go outside because you seem to think I cant have the opinion that I dont like Khabib. But whatever kid. Ask your mom what life was like before the internet.

Have you considered the fact that you might be a Conor fan?

what? Round 5 was the highest paced round in that entire fight.

I am a Conor fan, but he's nowhere near one of my favorite fighters. He's not even the top of my favorite lightweights... I just think he brings more to the table and I don't really care for Khabib or understand the hype behind him hence why I made this thread. Just trying to get some perspective.

I'm in the ever-decreasing category of people who is excited about the fight but could take it either way and be happy. I kinda like both guys tbh. I seem to be a bit alone here though. McNuggets is a 'love him or hate him' sort of fighter, and for some reason, Khalabeeb is becoming the same. I just want it to be a good fight and us actually make it there...

I'm sacrificing an orphan boy to the MMA gods the Friday before showtime in an attempt to secure favor amongst their wretched, moody kind. If you have a spare kid to martyr, or know any street children who wander too close to your driveway, I suggest you do the same. I want this fight to happen yall

I just think he's a better fighter.

Also would be nice to see a champ who actually defends his belt.

I'm not telling you what you can't and can see. I'm saying you are wrong in saying Conor has beaten guys more impressively than Khabib could, which you are wrong. It's a conversation that only works when fights have come to past. Khabib has more finishes than he does decisions, he could finish fighters like Eddie and Poirer.
Khabibs best win is over a short notice Raging Al who hadn't fought in 2 years and he didn't finish him. Conor finished the greatest featherweight of all time and one of the best lightweights ever. The competition Conor's faced and the way he's performed against them blows Khabib's resume out of the water and I just don't think Khabib has the style to ever finish people more impressively.

I'm not cheering for either of them because they are both far too inactive to be holding a belt.

I am a Conor fan, but he's nowhere near one of my favorite fighters. He's not even the top of my favorite lightweights... I just think he brings more to the table and I don't really care for Khabib or understand the hype behind him hence why I made this thread. Just trying to get some perspective.

Did this thread help your perspective any? us sherdoggers are all about opening minds to unknown possibilities.

Khabibs best win is over a short notice Raging Al who hadn't fought in 2 years and he didn't finish him. Conor finished the greatest featherweight of all time and one of the best lightweights ever. The competition Conor's faced and the way he's performed against them blows Khabib's resume out of the water and I just don't think Khabib has the style to ever finish people more impressively.
Khabib's best win is former Lightweight champ RDA, followed by Edson. Khabib's hands aren't as impressive but he has finished 8 opponents by way of (T)KO. He does pull out often but if he managed to stay healthy he'd probably have more finishes himself. Doesn't matter though, I want Khabib to smash the leprechaun then crazy, psycho Tony takes it from Khabib.

Khabib's best win is former Lightweight champ RDA, followed by Edson. Khabib's hands aren't as impressive but he has finished 8 opponents by way of (T)KO. He does pull out often but if he managed to stay healthy he'd probably have more finishes himself. Doesn't matter though, I want Khabib to smash the leprechaun then crazy, psycho Tony takes it from Khabib.

I forgot about the RDA win, that is a good win, but still it was before RDA went on his tear and got the title.

Did this thread help your perspective any? us sherdoggers are all about opening minds to unknown possibilities.

Yeah after disregarding 90% of people saying they're rooting for Khabib because they don't like Conor or his fans, the people that actually like Khabib genuinely all seem to have a common interest in the matchups he presents and the stability he brings to the division. I can respect that, but I guess just prefer the mayhem and excitement Conor makes happen, it's got more entertainment value to it for me.

I forgot about the RDA win, that is a good win, but still it was before RDA went on his tear and got the title.
Not really, RDA was on a 5 fight win streak with wins over Cerrone and Dunham. He proceeded to win another 5 straight before losing to Eddie. In that frame, he was 10-1 with his only loss being against Khabib. I'd say RDA was right in the middle of his tear.

I'm not pulling for Khabib. I'm pulling against Conor. If losing makes him develop some respect and humility I'll pull for Conor again because I like watching him fight.

I like Conor, or at the very least dont mind his antics and his fans, but I am going to root for Khabib because I met him in real life. Thats the only reason.

I chatted with him in person in Vegas at the Melendez v Pettis fight. He was really nice and friendly.

Because khabib is humble.. Conor is a loudmouth and acts like he is 12. Also i tend to enjoy watching both fight, but conor when he is not fighting is a child.

because mcgoof is a dick, and his fanbois are even worse.

Not really, RDA was on a 5 fight win streak with wins over Cerrone and Dunham. He proceeded to win another 5 straight before losing to Eddie. In that frame, he was 10-1 with his only loss being against Khabib. I'd say RDA was right in the middle of his tear.

Fair enough, it's a good win no doubt.

Conor is good for a few laughs. I appreciate that he drops people dead. But his fan base is unbearable.

Thats a cherry pick when mcgregor was active when he was fight more active than khabib ever was conor averaged 3 fights a year and has the same amount of ufc fights as khabib despite not coming to the promotion til years after.

The Conor who averaged three fights a year was a hungry one who didnt have shit. That guy is long gone. Mcgregor has a lot of money and fame, he is on another level now. Do i blame him for not fighting frequently? no. Mma is a grueling sport and if he doesnt need the money or he feels like getting 7 figures is not enough thats understandable.

Back