If you're not a draw, the way to get people to talk about you is by calling out Dana?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
i wouldn't use that as a general rule.

rory talked shit about dana and his pay and he got shit-canned....and he's like one of the best fighters on earth.

even after DJ clashes with dana....do you mystically now want to see him fight?
i don't.

they need to scrap the 125 division.

Last edited:
It clearly works, what does that say about mma media and mma fans?

Everyone wins:

- MMA media can write click bait articles about how Dana vs DJ is Fight-of-the-year.

- Fighter gets publicity.

- MMA fans can feel good about themselves by shitting on Dana - the one MMA circlejerk that never gets old.

Why fight the very best fighter in the world when you can call out Dana and get 10x more exposure?
MMA media is really at fault not the fighter. Same can be said for GOAT discussions. How many thought Ronda Rousey was the WMMA GOAT because the media shoved it in your face 24/7. Until everyone saw for themselves that their "GOAT" couldnt stand with a high level striker, move her head, and had no foot work.

It clearly works, what does that say about mma media and mma fans?

Everyone wins:

- MMA media can write click bait articles about how Dana vs DJ is Fight-of-the-year.

- Fighter gets publicity.

- MMA fans can feel good about themselves by shitting on Dana - the one MMA circlejerk that never gets old.

Why fight the very best fighter in the world when you can call out Dana and get 10x more exposure?

I didn't care when Al, TJ, DJ, or any other fighter whined about Dana. But I don't care for Dana either.

Back