If you're Matt Brown...

I think he has a much better chance against Lawler than Lombard.
Agree

Lombard would have tossed'em on his head every round and sat on him...lombards td's and mat work....would've made the gameplan pretty simple

Both will be praising JBG before the fight.

Whoever pleases him more, wins.

Press forward, and then press forward some more. Basically do what he does best. This fight is closer than most think.

Lol imagine if this turned into Howard vs Hall.

THAT WOULD SUCK

Don't think it happens tho......

Hall is about as competetive as a disney princess

Whereas lawler and brown seem to actually enjoy being in fights

Take a dive. Save my fragile midsection.

Kinda ot
ATT has some really good talent @ ww(lawler/woodley/lombard/alves)..... Ricardo liboreo is producing some solid gameplans/strategies(looking at how well all are doing lately)
Any1 know who brown train with?whose he coached by?

Pray to R'hllor.

Lord of Light has no power on the Eight-Sided Altar, JUST BLEED God,the Almighty Sanguine Lord, holds power here.

Brother Brown had best sacrifice a goat, a calf and a prostitute to earn his favor.

Lotta people seem to be mistaking aggression for a lack of technique.....
On the feet this is pretty even
Both have power
Both have different weapons(lawlers kicks/brownselbows)
Both have solid chins
Grappling is HIGHLY unlikely to be much of a factor....
Both seem pretty motivated
Lawler has an exp advantage
Browns pace is haaard to keep up with

Really no reason for brown to change gameplan...he likes to stand...has the ability...and won't have to worry about defending td's
I've got no clue who wins
Really can't see any other outcome other than FOTN

**If brown wins its gonna be hilarious seeing how many ppl here flipflop and make threads talking about how great he is(when a month earlier he needed to "pray" "buy life insurance" etc,etc) and how lawler was always overrated(even tho a month earlier he was "the real champ" and a beast,etc,etc)

This is MMA, Brown hits hard and anything can happen, but I can't imagine him getting out of the first.

If Brown wins this will be the most wrong I've been since Serra knocked GSP out.

Pretend to be hurt, weather the storm, and then kick Lawler's gassed ass in the third -- this is basically Brown's equivalent to GSP's jab, jab, takedown

I would never get into the cage with Lawler. If possible, I'd try to be in a different city the night of the fight.

browns style has taken him this far, why change?

Because if we want to be brutally honest, the guys Matt Brown beat weren't top level. Erick Silva's a great fighter with a lot of promise, don't get me wrong. But he's no Robbie Lawler. I truly think if he fights the way he does against Lawler, he will get TKO'd. People will shit on me for this, and understandably so, but I really think Brown needs to try and Fitch Lawler for the first three rounds to get him a little bit tired, a little bit tentative then turn up the pace in the later rounds.

Fight the same way he has been in his current 7 fight win streak. Forward pressure. The only times Robbie Lawler has looked vulnerable in the stand-up lately, is when Hendricks pressured him and put many punches and kicks together, and when Ellenberger pressured him and put many punches together (before he hurt his hand)

he can't be scared of Robbie and stand in front of him and let Robbie just tee off on him.

I don't like his chances at all but I think he has to be extremely aggressive and try to set a fast pace, create some chaos and hope to land something big or possibly tire Lawler out.

That might sound crazy but if the alternative is to try to outbox Robbie then he'll lose for sure. Lawler's patient, powerful and has good head movement. I just can't see Brown winning a technical striking match.

To come away with his next fight a win?

Wait until a week out from the fight and pull the hell out with an "injury."

Get booked 2 months later against a Rick Story, John Howard, or Kyle Noke.

Keep that win streak rolling

Lots of clinching, lots of knees, lots of elbows.

I believe in Brown. I said I'd never bet against him so I won't now.

Back